My fiancee is looking to sell her Storm on ebay but im curious cuz she has it thru Verizon...would it still make a difference for it to be unlocked since Verizon doesn't use sim cards, and most U.S. (only shipping in the U.S.) providers do, right? Or would it still just be beneficial to get it unlocked to make more of a profit from it? Thanks!
    10-16-09 01:28 PM
    There are a fair number of people apparently using their Storms on GSM carriers (e.g. T-Mobile and AT&T). Thus, I would think that being able to advertise the phone as "unlocked" would widen the market significantly of people who would be interested in buying it.

Otherwise, it's only appealing to people who are going to use it with Verizon (or unlock it themselves), and why would they buy a used one eBay when Verizon is giving them away right now? (only reason would be to save on signing a contract)
    10-16-09 01:45 PM
    I completely agree. Some people don't want to bother getting a phone unlocked and dealing with the hassles (that they've made up in their heads because its REALLY SIMPLE) of unlocking a phone. They'd rather pay the difference. ie. Your fiancee pays a minimal amount to hopefully get more money for her Storm on eBay.

Let me know if you need any help with that!
    10-17-09 12:47 AM
    When I sold my daughter's on ebay....I called customer service and they transferred me to the right people to unlock the phone....no hassle...no problem.
    They sell for more when they are unlocked because the buyer then doesn't have to pay for an unlock code if they aren't on verizon.
    Sell it now, before the Storm2 launches.
    I got 230.00 for mine with accessories.
    10-17-09 07:03 AM
    My fiancee is looking to sell her Storm on ebay but im curious cuz she has it thru Verizon...would it still make a difference for it to be unlocked since Verizon doesn't use sim cards, and most U.S. (only shipping in the U.S.) providers do, right? Or would it still just be beneficial to get it unlocked to make more of a profit from it? Thanks!
    I just got the storm about 3 weeks ago... and mine has a sim card preinstalled.. I don't know if that is something new or what but like i said .. mine came with a sim card and an 8 gig memory card installed.
    10-17-09 06:42 PM
    I just got the storm about 3 weeks ago... and mine has a sim card preinstalled.. I don't know if that is something new or what but like i said .. mine came with a sim card and an 8 gig memory card installed.
    That's normal, all new Storms come with the VZW (if purchased from them) SIM card and the 8 gig sd card.
    10-17-09 08:31 PM
    I have a question, a I am going to be selling one, also. Do I sell with WITH the SIM still in there? Or do I take it out and have them buy 1 from Verizon?
    10-27-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD