Just wanted to know how many of you out there are not switching from your original storms to the storm 2
    10-16-09 10:52 AM
    and if there is another thread already out there in conerns to this just point me in the right direction
    10-16-09 10:53 AM
    I'm not switching but neither am I ever getting a RIM product ever again. The Storm totally ruined the BB experience for me. The battery life is shocking to say the least and the accelorometer for the screen is truly the worst I have come across.

It just screams out that they weren't ready but had to get a touch screen model out to be sure they weren't left behind. I don't think RIM have it in them to solve all the issues so I'll be switching to iPhone when my upgrade becomes active.
    10-16-09 11:03 AM
    The Storm with 5.0 is much better the accelorometer is faster, battery life is better, and there isn't a pause when you click something everything is instant
    10-16-09 11:04 AM
    I'll be keeping my S1, I'm no where near my NE2, and there is no way that the S2 is worth full retail. I'll be looking at the Droid when it comes out. The only thing I'll really miss on the BB vs. Android is BBM, since I got my father,sister, girlfriend to get Blackberries.
    10-16-09 11:06 AM
    I just got the Storm a few weeks ago due to upgrade timeframe and whatnot, but I've upgraded to a 238/287 hybrid (after using .230 for a week) and am extremely happy with it. Everyone at work (small company) has an iPhone and I've played with them (even the 3GS) and I'm happy with the Storm. As for the Storm2, if I can get it for cheap I might switch in the next few months, but for now I can live without wifi and the enhanced SurePress and upgraded memory. The hybrid I'm using makes it quite speedy/responsive, especially compared to 4.7.
    10-16-09 11:07 AM
    5.0 isn't rolled out here yet and won't be for a while I wouldn't say.
    10-16-09 11:09 AM
    I am keeping my S1
    10-16-09 11:17 AM
    I'll keep my storm. I don't think storm 2 is worth paying full retail for. Plus, now that's I'm using .230 OS, my phone is greatly improved.
    10-16-09 11:35 AM
    I'm keeping mine. I never had a problem with my storm from the get go, I have .230 running and I'm happy with the smoothness of it. I'll let S2 run its course to see what becomes of it.
    10-16-09 11:37 AM
    I had been planning on keeping mine, but my screen is getting fairly lose and my call quality isn't spectacular. I'm waiting to hear about the durability of the production models.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 11:39 AM
    The Storm with 5.0 is much better the accelorometer is faster, battery life is better, and there isn't a pause when you click something everything is instant
    It seems all the links for 5.0 are shut down. Do you have one you can share?
    10-16-09 11:40 AM
    I just picked up my storm 1 few months ago. I have had some issues with it, but overall I am not really to trade it in. Since it's my first smartphone, I really want to get a handle on it before I switch to something else.
    10-16-09 11:54 AM
    I'm keeping mine until the 2-year contract expires in Dec 2010 then I'll upgrade to S2. Unless if 2nd gen Storm (S3?) is released by the time the contract expires, then I'd just skip S2 and go with the latest Storm model.
    10-16-09 11:57 AM
    I'll be keeping it for a while
    10-16-09 12:00 PM
    I am not up for upgrade until Nov 2010. As long as OS upgrades and leaks improve storm 1, no need to upgrade. Lte may be a consideration by then.

10-16-09 12:04 PM
    I'll keep mine until my contract expires
    10-16-09 12:10 PM
    I'll be keeping this badboy simply since I'm only 16. And the 2 year isn't up until the end of next year...

10-16-09 12:40 PM
    I'll be keeping mine as well. I have 2 more years after this year, so maybe we'll be on a couple of genenerations down the line by then.

10-16-09 12:44 PM
    I'll be keeping mine as well. I have 2 more years after this year, so maybe we'll be on a couple of genenerations down the line by then.
    I guess we're on the same page. Why buy S2 if next generation Storm or possibly a BB touchscreen with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard comes out by then? Let's wait and see while we're stuck with our so-called contracts.
    10-16-09 12:48 PM
    I did an early upgrade to get the S1 and paid $330 in Feb. 2009. I will not be paying big bucks for a phone this year. I'm really holding out hope for some type of official upgrade soon. There are definitely things that have been discussed ad nauseum that need fixing. My screen sounds like a maraca, so I handle it gently. The corners are getting non-responsive, and the typing is still difficult for me. I will be looking at the other phones, but I've gotten used to how the BB works (or doesn't quite) and I'm not really looking forward to another big learning curve.
    10-16-09 12:49 PM
    I'm not switching but neither am I ever getting a RIM product ever again. The Storm totally ruined the BB experience for me. The battery life is shocking to say the least and the accelorometer for the screen is truly the worst I have come across.

It just screams out that they weren't ready but had to get a touch screen model out to be sure they weren't left behind. I don't think RIM have it in them to solve all the issues so I'll be switching to iPhone when my upgrade becomes active.
    since your switching and im no basher how come you dont choose the touch pro 2 instead of the iphone it has a better battery, and has a very sleeknlook as well
    10-16-09 12:56 PM
    I just got the Storm a few weeks ago due to upgrade timeframe and whatnot, but I've upgraded to a 238/287 hybrid (after using .230 for a week) and am extremely happy with it. Everyone at work (small company) has an iPhone and I've played with them (even the 3GS) and I'm happy with the Storm. As for the Storm2, if I can get it for cheap I might switch in the next few months, but for now I can live without wifi and the enhanced SurePress and upgraded memory. The hybrid I'm using makes it quite speedy/responsive, especially compared to 4.7.
    where did you download your hybid from?
    10-16-09 01:07 PM
    I'm keeping mine till i can upgrade.
    10-16-09 01:14 PM
    I am on my original Storm since December of 08. I have been through .75, .148, .151, and .230. I like the way it is working now and I still have one more year on the new for two program. So the bottom line is that I'll stick with numero uno.
    10-16-09 01:28 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD