i had difficulties in transferring photos via bbm 5 ..
    it took ages and seems most of the time is expired ..
    and a friend of mine send me photos from bbm 4.6
    and it took less than 5 seconds ... anyone has the same issues???
    10-16-09 06:13 AM
    I have the same issue with my bold. In BBM 4 the picture would just transfer, now it has to be accepted. Is there a way to auto-accept pictures?
    10-16-09 06:41 AM
    any thoughts from the master????
    10-16-09 07:38 AM
    I seem to have the same problem although it tends only to happen when someone is using a older o/s than mine 5.0.0.238!!

I believe the problem is with the newer (Unoffical) O/S as my friends on a 4.6 O/S seem to manage fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 08:39 AM
    I'm using 8900/4.6.1.250 have the same problem with this topic. Very annoying Anyone can help? Thx before..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 11:59 AM
    well for the 20th thread on this topic ill post the answer.

turn off media card encryption or save the pic directly to your device and it will go through
    10-19-09 05:47 AM
    well for the 20th thread on this topic ill post the answer.

turn off media card encryption or save the pic directly to your device and it will go through
    These are 2 seperate issues. The media encryption bug, the progress bar doesn't even show. The fix is to save pictures to internal memory. Turning off media card encryption might not be an option for all as some of us are under corporate BES policies which disable the option to disable.

The other issue is the photo expiration. I believe this is due to some of us running 5.0.0.238, and exchanging pictures with older OS's. Looking for confirmation on that. There is no fix as far as I know, and is the price we pay for beta-testing leaked OS's.
    10-19-09 09:23 AM
    These are 2 seperate issues. The media encryption bug, the progress bar doesn't even show. The fix is to save pictures to internal memory. Turning off media card encryption might not be an option for all as some of us are under corporate BES policies which disable the option to disable.

The other issue is the photo expiration. I believe this is due to some of us running 5.0.0.238, and exchanging pictures with older OS's. Looking for confirmation on that. There is no fix as far as I know, and is the price we pay for beta-testing leaked OS's.

the alternative i think i stated above was to save it to your phone. that way you do not have to turn off media card encryptions. the expiration thing i have to and i dont know what causes it so i cant speak on that. i am not under any bes policy
    10-19-09 04:49 PM
    Hi, I'm new here and have the same problem with the new BBM. My OS is 4.6.1.231. The only way I know of, that so far has been working for me, is to send pic via group. It will get sent instantly. Not sure if this has already been mentioned here.
    10-19-09 10:14 PM
    the alternative i think i stated above was to save it to your phone. that way you do not have to turn off media card encryptions. the expiration thing i have to and i dont know what causes it so i cant speak on that. i am not under any bes policy
    hey Ri, this is the most recent post i could find about the workaround for this,

umm... howdoya turn off Media card Encryption?? In Options>Media card right??

if mine is off, then the contacts who have to 'accept' the file trnsfr have the encryption, or am i completly wrong?
    10-21-09 11:34 AM
    well i found the other thread so *thumbsup* hahaha
    10-21-09 11:42 AM
    someone needs to start closing these threads, theres 1000 of them
    10-21-09 02:30 PM
    hey Ri, this is the most recent post i could find about the workaround for this,

umm... howdoya turn off Media card Encryption?? In Options>Media card right??

if mine is off, then the contacts who have to 'accept' the file trnsfr have the encryption, or am i completly wrong?

the person receiving the file has to have it off. if you are receiving the file and it is off then i honestly dont know what to say. o.s. 5 might be a good idea. everything started working perfectly after i went to o.s. 5 on my tour
    10-21-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD