Well i just upgraded my bb to new 4.5 OS n it works fine but now my head unit i have in my car wont read my usb connection, and it worked just fine before so its gotta be something with the new OS, and suggestions?!?!
    05-06-08 01:33 PM
    Unistall the upgrade and try it again or leave it alone until the real upgrade hits. Welcome to CB.
    05-06-08 01:36 PM
    You have a USB headset? It is far more common to see a 3.5mm pin connection.

Bluetooth is the normal means of connection, but you mentioned it has worked in the past.

What are the specs of your headset?
    05-06-08 01:37 PM
    how do i uninstall it, i tried using the restore that i saved before i did it and its still the 4.5 OS
    05-06-08 01:38 PM
    i have the Alpine iDA-X001 head unit and its got a usb cable to hook up mp3 players and whatnot, and before i did the upgrade it worked fine now, its upgraded and my HU just keeps saying device check and my phone isnt going into Mass Storage Mode
    05-06-08 01:40 PM
    I agree. Been there and done that.
    05-06-08 01:41 PM
    Where did you get the OS... can you send me the link plz
    05-06-08 01:43 PM
    how do i uninstall it, i tried using the restore that i saved before i did it and its still the 4.5 OS
    You must firat uninstall 4.5 from your computer. Then you need to install the latest non-4.5 version from here

Now delete Vendor.xml from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Run up Desktop Manager 4.3 and connect your phone.

Make sure that you have a recent backup and away you go with your 'downgrade'.
    05-06-08 01:45 PM
    Delete the beta version >control panel> add update/remove> delete>close
    open DM> connect berry> restore to older version.
    05-06-08 01:46 PM
    Is there a link to download the 4.5??? Or can anybody tell m where or how...

Thks
    05-06-08 01:49 PM
    hey if get that link, post it here, so I can get it too... I heard that AT&T is realeasin the 4.5 within this week..or the other...
    05-06-08 02:39 PM
    hey if get that link, post it here, so I can get it too... I heard that AT&T is realeasin the 4.5 within this week..or the other...
    There is a "NO POSTING OF UNOFFICIAL OS LINK" here on the forum
    05-06-08 03:31 PM
    The OS still has a few compatible issues. I still can't use Telenav.
    05-06-08 03:36 PM
    Protecting the USB connector

• Only an iPod or USB memory can be connected to the USB
    connector on this unit. Correct performance using other USB
    products cannot be guaranteed.
    • If the USB connector is used, be sure to use only the supplied
    connector cable with the unit. A USB hub is not supported.
    • Depending on the connected USB memory device, the unit
    may not function or some functions may not be performed.
    • The audio file format that can be played back on the unit is
    MP3/WMA/AAC.
    • Artist/song name, etc., can be displayed, however characters
    may not be correctly displayed. ...
    Very nice, an in dash tuner with USB port.

Rolling back the OS is your best bet, just one more reason to wait 'till they get it right.
    05-06-08 04:13 PM
    I have a USB enabled head unit in my car, and I do the same thing (using the BB as a mass storage device to hold music).

Go to >Options >Media Card, and confirm Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected is set to YES, not PROMPT.
    05-06-08 04:40 PM
    I have a USB enabled head unit in my car, and I do the same thing (using the BB as a mass storage device to hold music).

Go to >Options >Media Card, and confirm Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected is set to YES, not PROMPT.
    ...and I have 4.5 on my 8310 working just fine as a mass storage device...
    05-06-08 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD