I've downloaded several weather apps in the past few months, none of which I've been very satisfied with unfortunately . Which weather apps are you guys using (that you think work good)?
    10-15-09 11:04 PM
    I paid for Blackberry Weather, and it BLOWS the free apps out of the water. I've used BBweather and used Weatherbug for years. I'll never go back.
    10-15-09 11:07 PM
    I use and highly recommend BerryWeather.
    10-15-09 11:11 PM
    I'm thinking I'm going to have to break down and buy it. Is it pretty simple to nav through? And does it have some sort of alert system that updates for severe weather and things like that?
    10-15-09 11:16 PM
    You won't regret it. I was hesitant to do it also but I have not looked back yet.

To answer your questions, yes it is easy to navigate, most of it is done through the menu key next to the track ball. You can set the update times on your normal updates and advisories separately. I set my normal at two hours and the advisory at 15 mins and it doesn't hurt my battery life at all.
    10-15-09 11:21 PM
    Sweet, I'm going to go ahead and bu it some time tomorrow! Thanks for the input everyone!
    10-15-09 11:26 PM
    Appreciate the input.
    10-16-09 12:08 AM
    You know, you really should have searched. There are quite a few threads discussing the pros and cons of the various weather apps already. Another one wasn't really necessary.

That said, BerryWeather rocks!
    +1 on the searching�

I use the free WeatherEye App available from App World. (And elsewhere)
    It's great for me. I have found it to be very accurate, plus the Icon update is sharper looking than some other Apps, including paid ones.

The downside (for some) is that apparently some areas aren't covered. If your city is there, you're golden.

And I actually didn't even know until tonight that WeatherEye gave weather alerts/warnings. Looked at my Home Screen and saw WeatherEye now had a little red lightning bolt on the raincloud. (Yes it's raining here. I'm in Vancouver and it's October.) I clicked to open, and there was a scrolling red banner that say "RAINFALL WARNING" that I've never seen before

Anyway, give WeatherEye a shot if you haven't!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 06:19 AM
    I can't do weathereye, so I use berryweather because it is the most complete, and weatherbug elite for the push alert notifications. If berryweather starts pushing alerts, weatherbug is gone.

10-16-09 06:29 AM
    Berryweather pushes alerts for me.

10-16-09 06:37 AM
    Searching is good.

Berryweather rocks and there are some big updates coming its way so stay tuned.

Try it here free for 3 days - Berryweather 1.5.47

10-16-09 07:56 AM
    I've never tried a weather app until the other day when The Weather Channel released a free ad-supported version. I like it.
    10-16-09 08:51 AM
    I just use viigo and chack the weather. It gives a 15 day forecast is free and good enough for me.
    10-16-09 09:04 AM
    I'm bummed about weather apps. I used weathereye and it doesn't work anymore on my new bold. Someone told me the service is down, but I can't find that corroborated elsewhere.

In the meantime, I've tried weatherbug and bbweather neither of which I really loved. I just want something that doesn't use too much memory, has a nice icon that changes with the weather and that tells me the temperature without having to click the icon.

10$ seems like a lot to pay. What if you change phones? Can you take it with you?
    10-16-09 09:08 AM
    Not a day goes by without this same question being asked - please do a "Search" for "weather apps", and you will find more information than you can digest....please.
    10-16-09 09:14 AM
    I'm bummed about weather apps. I used weathereye and it doesn't work anymore on my new bold. Someone told me the service is down, but I can't find that corroborated elsewhere.

In the meantime, I've tried weatherbug and bbweather neither of which I really loved. I just want something that doesn't use too much memory, has a nice icon that changes with the weather and that tells me the temperature without having to click the icon.

10$ seems like a lot to pay. What if you change phones? Can you take it with you?
    You can transfer Berryweather to new phones.
    Bellshare will give you 5 transfers no questions asked per year. You can get more than that actually, that's just what they try to stay close to.

10-19-09 07:10 AM
    I don't know why people like the Alerts feature of Weatherbug. I live in D.C. and constantly get alerts for coastal flooding, what a joke! The app would be perfect if it didn't have alerts. The fact that it uses the indicator LED is really frustrating.
    12-09-09 12:41 PM
    I don't know why people like the Alerts feature of Weatherbug. I live in D.C. and constantly get alerts for coastal flooding, what a joke! The app would be perfect if it didn't have alerts. The fact that it uses the indicator LED is really frustrating.
    As I recall, you can select which alerts Weatherbug provides and how they sound/blink
    12-09-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD