What is the best OS to run on the Storm 9530 (Verizon)?

Currently I am running release .148
    10-15-09 01:51 PM
    I really like the leaked 5.0 version. It has been the most stable so far and it's faster. If you can find it i would recommend installing it. Just remember to disable your security encryption if it's enabled or your phone will just reset over and over.
    10-15-09 02:12 PM
    Enjoy your new 9530 for a few more days. With the Storm 2 coming out any day, I'm sure a 5.0 ? will be posted for an update in the OS. The current 4.7 you have now is the latest from Verizon.
    10-15-09 02:12 PM
    Im a huge fan of 4.7.0.167, faster, better memory management than .148 and not as buggy as some of the 5.0 builds. Im gonna wait for an official 5.X til i upgrade, have tried all the 5.0s and just not very happy with them, .230 obviously being the best of them all though.
    10-15-09 03:39 PM
    So I've done a lot of the OS updates without ever having problems. This is my first time ever having an issue and haven't seen a post on any forum to help. I've downloaded and installed the Full .230 OS file but App Loader has an asterisk next to the Version 5.0 option when I go in to update my device. The Asterisk is followed by this message:

"Only active Blackberry Service Subscribers are entitled to install this Blackberry Device Software upgrade."

When I try to upgrade it just doesn't do it. All I get is a link to Blackberry.com. Any ideas folks? I'm on Verizon.
    10-15-09 06:03 PM
    So I've done a lot of the OS updates without ever having problems. This is my first time ever having an issue and haven't seen a post on any forum to help. I've downloaded and installed the Full .230 OS file but App Loader has an asterisk next to the Version 5.0 option when I go in to update my device. The Asterisk is followed by this message:

"Only active Blackberry Service Subscribers are entitled to install this Blackberry Device Software upgrade."

When I try to upgrade it just doesn't do it. All I get is a link to Blackberry.com. Any ideas folks? I'm on Verizon.
    Make sure your mobile network is on under manage connections
    10-15-09 06:23 PM
    When Verizon sends out an OS update where is the notification sent? Does a message get sent to the phone or do you have to check App Manager for OS updates?
    10-16-09 11:45 AM
    4.7.0.167 is a great OS. Very stable and faster than .148.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 04:41 PM
    I have gone straight from .148 to .230 and I love it. The only issue that I have run into was on install I got an error message after it installed my third party app. I had to do about three battery pull then everything worked. Also vz nav was not talking but that got resolved with a reinstall.
    Mac i think that you might have dl a bad file or you may have been kicked off the network. lol.
    10-20-09 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD