MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Here ya go

*OS Disclaimer - This is an unofficial release. If you choose to install, do so at your own risk and only if you're comfortable in the process of upgrading and downgrading your device software. It is quite normal during operating system development for certain features to be crippled or disabled while others are tested, and these beta builds often reflect that. They are not always better. Depending on your BlackBerry comfort level, it may be best for you to wait for community feedback on a build before deciding to download and install for yourself or simply wait for the next official release. If you require support, you will find it in our CrackBerry forums via our extremely knowledgeable community base - do not contact your carrier or RIM for Beta OS technical support (their first course of action will be to advise you to downgrade to a supported OS).

Keep this thread for findings and fixes also....

Thx
    10-15-09 01:22 PM
    Someone confirm media player and pandora is fixed? That's the only issue i'm having.
    10-15-09 01:27 PM
    cant wait to download when i get off work. Im having issues with GPS on .230 how this fixes it!
    10-15-09 01:29 PM
    It's junk...

IRTEHUN says, and I quote, "DO NOT USE THIS, its junk, constantly freezes. Trust Me "
    10-15-09 01:31 PM
    It's junk...

IRTEHUN says, and I quote, "DO NOT USE THIS, its junk, constantly freezes. Trust Me "
    Any info supporting this....?
    10-15-09 01:36 PM
    well....this is just great...get all excited about a new os, then BAAMMMM....everyone says its junk all at the same time

Quote from Laney at BBOS

"WARNING: We have heard numerous complaints about this OS, download and upgrade at your own risk."
    10-15-09 01:37 PM
    i dunno.......... dont know if i wanna make that jump, may just stick with .230 for now.......until further notice
    10-15-09 01:44 PM
    Any info supporting this....?

9630 5.0.0.273 Findings and Fixes thread

The guy knows his ****...and has worked pretty extensively with the 5.0 OS...that's the info supporting it lol
    10-15-09 01:45 PM
    I am going by what I've heard about this build. People have been saying to steer clear of it...so in honor of my berrys superb health...I'll wait till a better build or official comes out to make the 5.0 jump.
    10-15-09 01:48 PM
    Not debating at all, just wanted more info...

But could it be a anything else installed on the device that causes freezing, or was it stock?
    10-15-09 01:49 PM
    I'd say that all the 5.0 builds I've tried so far, have been junk. I've always gotten constant reboots/freezes and program crashes. With 4.7 I've had no problems at all, even running the latest Sprint one.
    10-15-09 01:51 PM
    ive been running 5.0.0.230 and i've had no issues.......... faster and overall much better than the OOB(out of box) o.s........imo
    10-15-09 01:54 PM
    Any word on when the official might be ready?
    10-15-09 01:57 PM
    I'd say that all the 5.0 builds I've tried so far, have been junk. I've always gotten constant reboots/freezes and program crashes. With 4.7 I've had no problems at all, even running the latest Sprint one.
    I have .230 and not one freeze or reboot. Maybe its an app your trying to run.
    10-15-09 01:57 PM
    9630 5.0.0.273 Findings and Fixes thread

The guy knows his ****...and has worked pretty extensively with the 5.0 OS...that's the info supporting it lol
    Doesn't matter. Everyone's device has a different config and what may freeze on his might work perfectly on yours. This has been proven time and again.
    10-15-09 01:59 PM
    I have .230 and not one freeze or reboot. Maybe its an app your trying to run.
    dont you have to install .230 over .191?
    10-15-09 02:03 PM
    downloading now...will say how it turns out..
    10-15-09 02:04 PM
    dont you have to install .230 over .191?
    no you dont
    10-15-09 02:09 PM
    Doesn't matter. Everyone's device has a different config and what may freeze on his might work perfectly on yours. This has been proven time and again.

seriously??? lol @ your statement.

If you think he would make a statement like that based ONLY on the info from testing on a SINGLE device....you've fallen sick with the downs...

Someone who knows the 5.0 builds from the inside out...I'll take their word when it comes to something POTENTIALLY/PROBABLY/MOST LIKELY harmful to my bb.
    10-15-09 02:10 PM
    any word on performance compared to 230?
    10-15-09 02:10 PM
    It's junk...

what a wordsmith, quite the review.
    10-15-09 02:11 PM

If you think he would make a statement like that based ONLY on the info from testing on a SINGLE device....you've fallen sick with the downs...

Someone who knows the 5.0 builds from the inside out...I'll take their word when it comes to something POTENTIALLY/PROBABLY/MOST LIKELY harmful to my bb.
    Do you know who CX is?
    10-15-09 02:12 PM

everybody stfu and listen to him, he "HEARD" it was junk, trust him
    10-15-09 02:13 PM
    installed fine, worked for about 5 minutes, now frozen. won't boot back up, in hard reset mode. nothing works lol. good thing i'm getting a replacement tour in a hour or so from fedex because of trackball issues. This one doesn't work for me.
    Do you know who CX is?

He obviously doesn't or he wouldn't have said that.
206 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD