Anyone have advice on adding a student email? I have my other email accounts added but for some reason BB isn't letting me add my student email.
    10-15-09 10:41 AM
    You might need your I.T. department for this one, occasionally there is additional setup requirements depending on there server set up...
    10-15-09 10:45 AM
    alright this is what i did.

Get a gmail account and go to seeting (top right)
    go to accounts and import tab
    and add your student email

Now you can either get the gMail app for your phone or have the gmail account pushed to your phone

Also, I would create a label that automatically gets put on your student email so you know if it is to your gMail or your student email
    10-15-09 10:50 AM
    What is it set up through? My college changed ours to microsoft and POP so it took me quite a few tries to set it up
    10-15-09 10:54 AM
    What is it set up through? My college changed ours to microsoft and POP so it took me quite a few tries to set it up
    I'm not sure but how do i find that out? I'd rather not set up a gmail account because I already have 3 other emails.
    10-15-09 11:04 AM
    I'm not sure how you would tell, the only way I knew mine was because I use hotmail and my log-in changed from the school's website to hotmail. When you try to add it to your BIS, what does it say/do?
    10-15-09 11:19 AM
    I would just auto forward your school email to one of the accounts that work on your storm, instead of getting gmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 12:25 PM
    Did you get this resolved? There's probably a server name that you need to set up in the BIS.
    10-15-09 02:26 PM
    I would just auto forward your school email to one of the accounts that work on your storm, instead of getting gmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    its the same thing, except the easiest way to do it is with gMail since you put in the email and pw
    10-15-09 03:07 PM
    I've seen this solved several ways. Other than mentioned above you can google "how do I set up email at XYZ Univ?" and 10 to 1 you will get all the incoming and out going server info you need.

But I would suggest calling or email your school's IT dept. They know how to do it.
    10-15-09 06:41 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I'm going to ask around tomorrow and I'll get back to everyone.
    10-15-09 08:35 PM
    If no luck, see if there's an option to forward all of your mail to a different inbox. I had an issue, my school's running some extremely out of date email client, and I HATE it. But if your school uses BlackBoard, you can get your teacher & class communication emails sent to any address (see Personal Information > Edit Personal Information)

If that's not the case, look around the email client for settings, options, etc.
    10-15-09 08:52 PM
    I don't know if it's an option for you, but I get my student email forwarded to my normal account, so I didn't bother with setting up a new BIS account.
    10-15-09 09:29 PM
    I still believe the easiest way si to froward instead of sending that email to your phone as a separate account.
    10-17-09 10:46 PM
    i know for me all i did was go setup other email
    type my school email and password and it set up fine itself
    we run on pop and imap
    10-17-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD