I have an att blackberry curve 8310 4.5.0.110 platform 2.7.0.90 and a buddy of mine just got a curve 8310 from some small cell provider here in this small town which is westcentral wireless and he has 4.5.0.52 platform 2.7.6.66 and when he gets emails the pictures and images automatically download and mine do not. How can i get mine to do that?
    10-15-09 08:45 AM
    Do you have HTML e-mail selected in your e-mail options? Open your inbox, then go to options>e-mail settings> enable HTML e-mail needs to be checked to get e-mail in HTML format.

I don't think that there's any way to automatically download the images, you have to hit menu, get images. I think that once they're downloaded, they are kept on your BB somewhere for future reference if you get another e-mail from the same contact. For instance, I get a monthly e-mail from U.S. Cellular that tells me when my bill is available, i downloaded the pictures the first time, now every time that e-mail comes thru the images are loaded automatically. They must be stored in some cache of some kind.
    10-15-09 09:12 AM
    yes the html is on, he got an email yesterday and his images were already there he forwarded it to me and i had to go to the menu and check get images.

i just dont know why mine doesn't show them.
    10-15-09 11:45 AM
    anybody have any idea?
    10-15-09 08:45 PM
    Do you have the email accounts set to download images automatically?

Note that images that are EMBEDDED in the email will show automatically if you have that selected.

However, images that are eternally linked to the internet will ALWAYS have to be manually retrieved in OS version 4.5.

OS version 5.0 (which isn't and probably won't be available for the 8310) has an option to automatically download external images.
    10-15-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD