Will this ever happen?
    10-15-09 06:58 AM
    Nope

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-15-09 07:14 AM
    NO WAY, why you ask? Two words....Palm-Pre. Palm hitched their wagon to Sprint fpr their big comeback and have been regretting it ever since. As long as Sprint has the Palm-Pre there will be NO STORM2!! Plus, the network stinks and it would be a WASTE!
    10-15-09 07:39 AM
    NO WAY, why you ask? Two words....Palm-Pre. Palm hitched their wagon to Sprint fpr their big comeback and have been regretting it ever since. As long as Sprint has the Palm-Pre there will be NO STORM2!! Plus, the network stinks and it would be a WASTE!
    Sprint's network stinks? Crawl back into your hole.
    10-15-09 10:04 AM
    rohdawg11 & jmac1968, Settle down you two! Don't make me bring out the mod stick!

To the OP, it's unlikely that Sprint will get the Storm 2. Verizon probably has exclusive right, BUT we shall see. You might want to consider the BB Tour, or Palm Pre if you are a big sprint fan, or locked in to Sprint. 8350i is a good phone too, expecially if you have use for push to talk.
    10-15-09 10:08 AM
    Will this ever happen?
    At my local mall, there is a Tmo and Sprint store side by side. The Sprint store generally has ZERO customers, and at the most we'll see one or two. The Tmo store, OTOH is almost always BUSY! I went into Sprint recently and was very turned off by the employee's attitudes and knowledge of their phones. Tmo is a much nicer experience (store-wise). My nearby Verizon store is always SWAMPED every day. Nearly everyone we know has Verizon. I get bad vibes from the Sprint employees and therefore if I just HAD to buy a phone that wasn't available on Verizon, I'd at least give Tmo a try, but I'll just pass on Sprint. I couldn't imagine having to deal with those jokers for years. Ugh! LOL!
    10-15-09 10:12 AM
    No, I don't think so dude. Sorry.

10-15-09 11:22 AM
    Sprint has been struggling for a while now. The Tour helped them along with the Palm Pre....now they are banking on Wi-Max to dig them out of the hole. In my opinion, S2 isn't coming anytime soon to Sprint.
    Last edited by crackfinder; 10-15-09 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Mis-spelled word
    10-15-09 11:27 AM
    If verizon doesn't have a lock on it again like the s1 there is a chance. I too would like to see the s2 on sprint, but i still think i would wait for the tour2 (essex).
    10-16-09 12:43 AM
    Right off the bat? Nope.

After the first of the year (i.e. 2010) maybe.

The biggest part of the equation will be in RIM and the other manufacturer's relationships with the carriers. Sprint marrying up with Palm didn't help, but the continuing saga with AT&T and the iPhone might.

We'll see. The FCC has been talking a good fight on the issue so far, and Verizon in particular has been trying to work ahead of the regulatory curve in order to avoid premptive action.

Bottom line, once the 4G systems roll out, the surviving service providers will be pushed to open their services to all devices. On the manufacturing front, exclusivity agreements are definately between the legislative crosshairs.

At the end of the day regarding the Storm2 and Sprint ... which do you think will be faster: Capitalism or Congress? (or neither, LOL!)

My money's on capitalism ... but I'd stil say mid-2010 at best, early-2010 has a slight chance, with never closing on the inside rail.
    10-16-09 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD