I am running OS 4.7 and I want to unlock my phone first b4 updating to the leaked 5.0. I just want to know if I unlock my phone on 4.7 will it still be unlocked after updating to the leaked 5.0??

Thanks!!
    10-14-09 11:56 PM
    Yes once you unlock your phone it will always be unlocked.
    10-15-09 12:02 AM
    Yes once you unlock your phone it will always be unlocked.
    Cool..... I heard some people are having trouble unlocking it after updating to the new leaked OS.
    10-15-09 12:28 AM
    I unlocked my second storm (running 5.0.0.216 with .238 Javas) the other week with no problem.

The SIM lock is in a completely different area of the phone from the firmware that gets flashed.

The posts I have seen where people were having problems, clearly showed they don't really know what they are doing.
    10-15-09 03:24 AM
    After you unlock your Storm, it will stay unlock. When you finishing OS update just check the network setting, make sure your phone is running on GSM mode.
    10-16-09 12:17 AM
    I know, another stupid question from a noob... I have an unlocked storm 9530 on T-Mobile and did the upgrade last night to .230. evrything went great after I upgraded and reloaded my back ups, made a few calls, messeges with no problem. After about 3 hours T-mobile just dissapeared from my phone and got replaced with Verizon. Under Mobile Network where I was able to choose my carrier (T-Mobile or ATT) is no longer there and only Verizon shows up. Now I can't make a call or nothing. Am I missing something totally simple... I hope? Any ideas?

*EDIT: Figured it out... I didn't realize I needed to highlight GSM on under Mobile Network options... LOL! Sorry.. First Blackberry and a total boob noob!
    Last edited by stoni2; 10-16-09 at 09:03 AM.
    10-16-09 06:52 AM
    so upgrading an unlocked phone isn't a bad thing?
    10-25-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD