Hello All,

Did the access number for Google Voice (the number that your phone dials out when using the Google Voice app to make a call) change for you guys last couple days?

I've been using Google Voice and been very happy with it and I added my previous access number which was a 760 area code to my Friends and Family number so my Google Voice calls are air-time free. Over the weekend, I updated my OS and reinstalled the Google Voice app. Monday, I made the first call using Google Voice and it is now dialing out a 916 area code number. 916-538-3466 to be exact. My previous Google Voice access number was 760-537-0537.

Did this happen to any of you? Also, does anybody have any inside info on how often this number will change?

Thanks.
    10-14-09 05:22 PM
    Mine stayed the same I think. I've been using GV dialer all along with no problems.
    10-14-09 05:44 PM
    I don't think GV Dialer works on OS 5.0.0.XXX.

I liked GV Dialer as well because GV Dialer calls your Google Voice number, not an access number so I could only use one of my Friend and Family numbers. But I prefer the Google Voice App over GV Dialer... just a personal preference.
    10-14-09 05:59 PM
    I like the google voice app as well. I was afraid to use it cause I didn't know how to configure it w/ friends and family set up. In other words I don't even know what my access number is. I thought I had to use gv dialer to be hooked up on friends and fam. Am I wrong? Gv dialer is cool though.
    10-14-09 06:05 PM
    Yup. Changed for me too. A 518 number now. It was the 7605370537 number. I noticed it after I downloaded version 1.5.1 of the app. I thought that was why the number changed but when I went back to 1.5 it was still different.

Side note: any changes to the new version? Only thing I noticed was the icon looks worse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 06:08 PM
    Hello All,

Did the access number for Google Voice (the number that your phone dials out when using the Google Voice app to make a call) change for you guys last couple days?

I've been using Google Voice and been very happy with it and I added my previous access number which was a 760 area code to my Friends and Family number so my Google Voice calls are air-time free. Over the weekend, I updated my OS and reinstalled the Google Voice app. Monday, I made the first call using Google Voice and it is now dialing out a 916 area code number. 916-538-3466 to be exact. My previous Google Voice access number was 760-537-0537.

Did this happen to any of you? Also, does anybody have any inside info on how often this number will change?

Thanks.
    This happen to me also but all i did way update my number and now its fine it hasent changed in about 3 weeks
    10-14-09 06:09 PM
    I don't think GV Dialer works on OS 5.0.0.XXX.

I liked GV Dialer as well because GV Dialer calls your Google Voice number, not an access number so I could only use one of my Friend and Family numbers. But I prefer the Google Voice App over GV Dialer... just a personal preference.
    im using .230 and its working for me
    10-14-09 06:11 PM
    So how do I find out what my access number is to enter into my friends and family numbers? In case I didn't want to use GV dialer.

Duh....Never mind I saw it.
    Last edited by dogjustice; 10-14-09 at 06:41 PM.
    10-14-09 06:23 PM
    anybody see any other features?
    10-14-09 08:41 PM
    Unless the option to go to the address book from inside the application is new, I'm not seeing any new features. Maybe under the hood...and the access number is different.
    10-14-09 08:53 PM
    Wish this was available for Canadians!
    10-14-09 09:05 PM
    Now if I can just make it storm friendly!

10-14-09 09:16 PM
    Mine changed too. It is now a number in my own area code.
    10-14-09 10:07 PM
    Mine was changed from 760-593-0537 to 404-939-4100. Went from a diff area code to a local Georgia area code. It is not the area code of my GV number though since my GV numbers area code is 707 (I use a California number even though I am from Georgia). Maybe they have started routing using gps?
    10-14-09 10:30 PM
    Mine changed also to my area code.
    In the 3 months I have been using GV this is the 3rd time the access number has changed.
    Not complaining though, GV is still the greatest thing since sliced bread!

10-14-09 11:57 PM
    I wish I could make calls via WiFi, and receive calls on Skype via my GV #.
    10-15-09 02:18 AM
    This may sound silly but I'm new. I have a BB storm where do I get the google voice download? I just got an Icon out the market when I had the G1.
    10-15-09 06:49 AM
    m.google.com

10-15-09 07:04 AM
    I installed this application, but it says I need an invite to use it. Anyone know why I would need an invite?
    10-15-09 07:38 AM
    I installed this application, but it says I need an invite to use it. Anyone know why I would need an invite?
    Because it is a beta app. this is the same thing google did with gmail while it was in beta. just go to the google voice site and request an invite.
    10-15-09 07:44 AM
    how do you update been trying.
    10-15-09 08:34 AM
    Because it is a beta app. this is the same thing google did with gmail while it was in beta. just go to the google voice site and request an invite.
    Do you have any idea how long it takes to get an invite? 1 day, two days, weeks, months? I requested an invite first thing this morning, but nothing yet.
    10-15-09 09:07 AM
    How Do You Update????????
    10-15-09 09:33 AM
    Hello All,

Thanks.
    are you saying that if i add my google voice number to friends and family i can make and receive free calls? Have you confirm this ?
    10-15-09 09:39 AM
    Do you have any idea how long it takes to get an invite? 1 day, two days, weeks, months? I requested an invite first thing this morning, but nothing yet.
    it took me about a month from requesting an invite to getting it. i've had a gmail account for a few years though. from what i've seen, it's taken anywhere from a couple weeks to a few months for people go get their invites. unfortunately, you just have to sit tight and wait.
    10-15-09 09:56 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD