I decided to say the **** with it and go ahead and upgrade to .230. I downloaded everthing and started the apploader (after deleting the vendor file and disconnecting from internet). I started the loader file, but when I get to the next step where it asks me to select my Communications Port, NOTHING IS THERE. There is nothing for me to select and I can't get it to work!!! I've checked my connections, tried several things over and over....nothing works!
    I am at my work computer running XP and am authorized as an administrator.

HELP?!?!?
    10-14-09 01:34 PM
    You tried restarting both the phone and the computer?
    10-14-09 01:35 PM
    Tried both - even tried uninstalling my USB driver and searching for hardware. Still doesnt wanna work!
    10-14-09 01:37 PM
    yeah...I've tried it with mass storage mode and without mass storage mode active.
    10-14-09 01:47 PM
    You tried restarting both the phone and the computer?
    OP, did you try this? This always works for me
    10-14-09 01:53 PM
    How about right click loader.exe and select run as admin?
    10-14-09 01:55 PM
    How about right click loader.exe and select run as admin?
    I decided to say the **** with it and go ahead and upgrade to .230. I downloaded everthing and started the apploader (after deleting the vendor file and disconnecting from internet). I started the loader file, but when I get to the next step where it asks me to select my Communications Port, NOTHING IS THERE. There is nothing for me to select and I can't get it to work!!! I've checked my connections, tried several things over and over....nothing works!
    I am at my work computer running XP and am authorized as an administrator.

HELP?!?!?

10 character.
    10-14-09 01:57 PM
    Isn't there some patch floating around to fix usb detection? Try searching I have seen it on this forum a few times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 02:05 PM
    Tried the patch...didnt fix my problem. I searched and searched these forums for several hours before I posted.
    10-14-09 02:09 PM
    Figured it may have been an issue with the files I downloaded, so I scrapped it all and started over...worked like a charm until it got to the restore part...hung up for like 45 minutes during soemthing about attachments...i just disconnected and everything is working fine...for now!
    10-14-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD