Hey everyone I just downloaded and installed a new os for my curve 8900, the 5.0.0.238 os. Now after the install my hotmail account does not get forwarded to my phone but yahoo and gmail emails still do. I also cannot access the hotmail website through the browser either. It pops up an error message which says " the microsoft service that you are attempting to access is not supported by the mobile browser you are using. The minimum browser requirements for this service is full WAP 2.0 support". Does anyone know how I can get hotmail to work with the new os: getting hotmail emails forwarded to my phone and being able to go on the hotmail site through the browser? Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks
    10-14-09 10:56 AM
    Try logging in to your BIS site and check your Hotmail account. The other day mine wasn't working and I had to confirm my password for only my Hotmail one, then it worked.
    10-14-09 11:42 AM
    Try logging in to your BIS site and check your Hotmail account. The other day mine wasn't working and I had to confirm my password for only my Hotmail one, then it worked.
    What is my bis site? Sorry but im new to blackberry's and as you can tell kind of clueless lol. Its weird because both my yahoo and gmail email accounts are being forwarded to my phone and I didn't have to confirm the password for either one. Its just hotmail thats giving me problems for some reason and I can't even go to hotmail.com through the browser either.
    10-14-09 02:51 PM
    What is my bis site? Sorry but im new to blackberry's and as you can tell kind of clueless lol. Its weird because both my yahoo and gmail email accounts are being forwarded to my phone and I didn't have to confirm the password for either one. Its just hotmail thats giving me problems for some reason and I can't even go to hotmail.com through the browser either.
    That's how Hotmail is ... from time to time you will need to verify the password for security reasons. Your BIS manager is through your carrier and in your case it is the T-mobile website. Check the 101 lectures for more information on this kind of thing and really for answers to all your basic questions.
    10-14-09 02:57 PM
    That's how Hotmail is ... from time to time you will need to verify the password for security reasons. Your BIS manager is through your carrier and in your case it is the T-mobile website. Check the 101 lectures for more information on this kind of thing and really for answers to all your basic questions.
    Ok thanks bro thanks for the help ill try that out.
    10-14-09 03:06 PM
    well i went to my bis site and entered in my password again and still no luck. Anybody else have any ideas?
    10-14-09 03:19 PM
    Did you re-send the service books to your device after changing the password? You need to do this also.
    10-14-09 04:32 PM
    Did you re-send the service books to your device after changing the password? You need to do this also.
    Yes I resent the host routing tables from the phone and also through the tmo website
    10-15-09 05:28 AM
    try this-I had to open my browser and select options and change my browser from blackberry to the pocket ie option. I was then able to access my hotmail. Hope it works for you as well. found a different thread. i just tried it and it works. you can thank kentcy for figuring it out. hope that helps
    10-28-09 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD