OK Crackberry family dont kill me but the other day I ditched my Tour to get the HTC Hero. After seeing alot of videos on it I was excited to try a new OS plus get back to a touch screen. after 48 hours im already missing my Tour and im seriously considering returning the Hero. Dont get me wrong the Hero is a nice phone but I miss the hardware keyboard, BBM, and the overall look and feel of the Tour. And the main reason is the battery life, I guess i was spoiled by the Tour and Curve because I cant get a good 8 hours out of this thing before it dies. i'll give it a couple more days but from the looks of it I'll be coming back to the Blackberry family very soon. Moral of the this story, the grass isnt always greener on the other side lol
    10-14-09 09:02 AM
    Do it. We will forgive you and not call you a sell out. Welcome back;]
    10-14-09 09:04 AM
    A friend of mine has the HTC with the standard keyboard. He says it will do anything a PC will do since it has windows.

I asked if that included giving the "blue screen of death."
    10-14-09 09:06 AM
    A friend of mine has the HTC with the standard keyboard. He says it will do anything a PC will do since it has windows.

I asked if that included giving the "blue screen of death."
    The HTC Hero is actually a Android device not windows
    10-14-09 09:16 AM
    The HTC Hero is actually a Android device not windows
    Not all HTC devices run on Android. Some do work with WinMo.
    10-14-09 09:21 AM
    Is this normal? I hear this story all the time. People leave BB for a Pre/iPhone/HTC and then come back after a couple of month. Why leave in the first place?
    10-14-09 09:58 AM
    Is this normal? I hear this story all the time. People leave BB for a Pre/iPhone/HTC and then come back after a couple of month. Why leave in the first place?
    Because some people, like me, like to try new things. As good as Blackberry is their OS is bland compared to WebOS, Android and others. I wanted a fun phone again, at least I thought I did. but you never know until you try which is what i did. Live and learn
    10-14-09 10:02 AM
    Shame, shame, shame on you.....as I form a cross with my fingers at you....lol. Kidding. Hopefully you will come back from the dark side.
    10-14-09 10:08 AM
    Its alright... At least you learned your lesson well.. Hehehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 10:10 AM
    If you think the grass is greener on the other side, you should probably fertilize...
    10-14-09 10:13 AM
    Just don't do it again...

I'm sure the Samsung Moment will look tempting to you as well, it has a physical keyboard...
    10-14-09 11:09 AM
    If you think the grass is greener on the other side, you should probably fertilize...
    Well, fertilizing is rather tasking. You'd have to employ a variety of techniques to get the grass back to being as leafy-green as the other side. You'd have to mess with fertilizer or compost heaps, perhaps do some mulching, and engage in all sorts of agricultural shenanigans that the average modern man is just too ill-equipped to deal with. Unless he lives in Ohio. Besides, it's a bit of a gradual process to wait for the grass to turn green after your monumental efforts, hence bringing a much-used cliche to bear: 'what have you done for me lately?' The cattle, sheep or goats would be starving by the time your efforts are rewarded.

The solution? Meander to the other side, where the grass is greener, and surreptitiously enjoy the pasture. Yup. I admit to having an affair with my Blackberry Tour, but it would hardly be Christian, or neighborly to turn a blind eye to other potential inamoratas.....
    Last edited by Barredbard; 10-14-09 at 11:26 AM.
    10-14-09 11:13 AM
    Just don't do it again...

I'm sure the Samsung Moment will look tempting to you as well, it has a physical keyboard...
    It did look nice but I think Ive learned my lesson. Once I get my Tour back I will be sticking with that for the foreseeable future
    10-14-09 11:14 AM
    I did the same thing and regret my stupid decision... ewww, hate the HTC. Luv me some BlackBerry.

disclaimer: not saying you stupid-- I was.
    10-14-09 11:19 AM
    I left my Htc Touch Pro (Windows Mo) for my first Blackberry and I will NEVER go back ..... I will just keep forcing Sprint to send me the newest Blackberry haha!

Windows Mobile phones are crap in my opinion. This Android os is supposed to be alot better. My Touch Pro froze and rebooted constantly, I had like 9 or 10 of them in about 4 months I believe.
    10-14-09 11:51 AM
    HTC Hero has a nice OS running on a so-so hardware. No hardware keyboard is a fail for me. Samsung Moment is another Android device that's slotted to come out for Sprint and it has the KB but does not have the nice HTC interface.
    10-14-09 12:01 PM
    Not all HTC devices run on Android. Some do work with WinMo.
    HTC is a company that makes phones. The HERO is a particular model of a phone, produced by HTC that ONLY runs the Google Android OS. So while it is true that not all HTC phones run the same OS... the HTC HERO is only available with the ANDROID operating system as the above poster pointed out.
    10-14-09 12:04 PM
    I left my Htc Touch Pro (Windows Mo) for my first Blackberry and I will NEVER go back ..... I will just keep forcing Sprint to send me the newest Blackberry haha!

Windows Mobile phones are crap in my opinion. This Android os is supposed to be alot better. My Touch Pro froze and rebooted constantly, I had like 9 or 10 of them in about 4 months I believe.
    Yes Windows Mobile is the worst. I had so many WM phones i lost count. After I got my Curve last year I said I will never go back to that again. Andriod is way better but still reminds me alot of WM in the fact you have to monitor what you're running with a task manager or the phone will freeze or run slow. there are many "tweaks" you can do to optimize performance but i just prefer it to work right out the box like my Blackberry did. besides i miss all my BBM contacts. i never realized how much i used that until i didnt have it anymore lol
    10-14-09 12:14 PM
    well im a windows person.
    i say if you want a touch screen and a hardware keyboard. try the touch pro 2

with a small amount of tweaking (which i can do almost anything on/for WM and will be glad to help) you will never need a pc again.

that is untill they et a HSPL unlocker. then you will be addicted to flashing new roms to your phone.
    but the tp2 has a very good battery and rather user friendly

with a different rom you never have to worry about your phone slowing down. they alter page pool changes and less OS mem which leaves a smal footprint in your program mem.

im trying to to be bias but im just stating facts
    10-14-09 12:23 PM
    i heard the hts ic a great paper weight!!!
    10-14-09 01:06 PM
    I also came over from a windows mobile phone. that was my first smart phone and I had a love/hate relationship with it. The Tour was my first blackberry, and now i can never imagine having anything other than a blackberry.
    10-14-09 01:07 PM
    i heard the hts ic a great paper weight!!!
    i hear iphones are alright if you like not bein able to customize anything and run only 1 program at a time
    10-14-09 01:18 PM
    unlock it to work with VZW and I will trade you my tour
    10-14-09 02:03 PM
    Does anyone NOT have problems with their 'SMART' phone freezing or locking up on them? It's like Microsoft is secretly behind ALL mobile dumb phones.

I'm ditching my Tour for my old Curve because I haven't had the volume of problems with that model. I'll just wait, ala WIndows 98 and Windows 7, for the manufacturer to correct all the crap from the previous versions.

These phones boast massive features compared to 4 years ago, but they can't stand and deliver.

I'd rather have reduced screen resolution of the Curve than better resolution looking at a white screen with a clock in the middle.
    10-14-09 06:27 PM
    Like many, i came from windows mobile (Touch Pro) and the Tour was my first BB... its safe to say i wont be going back but the BB has some major improvements needed (i.e THREADED SMS) .. for a phone so great, how could they still have a text system so primitive?? thats about my only complaint about it... and of course now with the tethering cut off .. Win Mo phones arent experiencing that problem...
    10-14-09 06:47 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD