so im not sure exactly why, but lately my trackball has been sticking. it will either only go up and down, or only go left and right. if i pull my battery, the problem solves itself, but its a real pain in the neck to do that all the time. has anyone else experienced this? what can i do to solve the problem??
    05-05-08 12:44 PM
    You could try cleaning it. Put a little amount of rubbing alcohol on your finger and just roll the trackball around. Can't tell you if it'll work but you can try.
    05-05-08 12:50 PM
    Also try Pressing in on the trackball, then push in the direction it won't go. Do this a few times. usually clears it up.
    05-05-08 12:53 PM
    Must resist jokes!!! Must resist jokes!!!

Seriously
    I use a cotton swab and alcohol. But when its not reacting to movement I do a restart before I do a battery pull and that usually works.
    05-05-08 12:55 PM
    so ive tried pushing down on it before.. ya know.. while moving it in the direction it wont go... wont work. ill try the cleaning thing and hopefully that will work!!!
    05-05-08 03:03 PM
    You can go to bbrepairshop.com or Cellular Accessories - Samsung, Apple, 3G, Acer, Panasonic, Tools, SonyEricsson, Accessories Store, LG, to get a new trackball. I am pretty sure your is some what dirty.
    05-05-08 03:06 PM
    People you need to clean your balls regularly to keep this from happening!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 03:06 PM

wow.... am i the only one who nearly fell out of their office chair after reading this??

at any rate... so thats the main thing that could cause this, right? is.. ehem... a dirty ball? or could it actually be that my phone is malfunctioning??
    05-05-08 04:01 PM
    also.. a thought... i was just lookin at my trackball, and its kinda... well, a little bit pink.. like the blush i wear is coming off on it. could that be what the issue is??

(holy ... i just noticed i moved up to abuser status!! yay!!!!!! )
    05-05-08 04:09 PM
    isoprophyl alcohol on the finger worked like a charm!!! thanks
    06-04-08 03:42 PM
    sounds like dirty ballz
    06-04-08 04:12 PM

Ok that was hilarious totally took me by suprise.
    06-04-08 04:15 PM
    luckily your ball is still pink right now but alert the media if it turns any other shade
    06-04-08 04:15 PM
    sounds like dirty ballz
    hehehehehehehehe...
    06-04-08 04:20 PM

That was GREAT! I was waiting for someone to reply like this.
    way to damn funny! Thanks for the laugh
    06-04-08 04:31 PM
    also.. a thought... i was just lookin at my trackball, and its kinda... well, a little bit pink.. like the blush i wear is coming off on it. could that be what the issue is??

(holy ... i just noticed i moved up to abuser status!! yay!!!!!! )
    I noticed mine was looking pink, too! but I was also eating water melon fun dip... I wanted to hurt myself, then, I thought I'd kept all that pink death away from my phone hehe.
    06-04-08 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD