I suspect this one is easy for you experts, but how can I make the clock stay on the screen without going dim? I would like to use it during a class I teach but cannot seem to override the screen-dimming behavior. I appreciate any and all assistance. I have a Bold on AT&T and am running 4.6.0.297.
    10-13-09 12:48 PM
    Cover up the LED light area. That's where the light sensor is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 12:54 PM
    Try this, am not 100% on this...

Menu - clock - menu - options - Dismiss Clock Automatically - set it to NO. See whether this helps...

By the way, I'm running 5.0.0.238

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ST79; 10-13-09 at 01:55 PM.
    10-13-09 01:50 PM
    Thanks ST79 but that must not be in my OS version. I look forward to the official release of 5xx.
    10-13-09 02:28 PM
    Thanks ST79 but that must not be in my OS version. I look forward to the official release of 5xx.
    Might be looking for a long time, only to find that what gets released is the exact same OS we've been running for months. Get 5.0.0.238 and enjoy life now Its very stable and very fast.
    10-13-09 02:36 PM
    I"m running Quicklaunch on my Bold. if you "Add" a menu item, there is an application on your bold called "Stay Lit".. it essentially will keep anything you have on the screen until you press a convienienet key. I just tested this with the clock and so far, the clock has not dissappeared...

Hope this helps... seems to be working for the clock!!!
    10-13-09 02:40 PM
    I appreciate the thoughts Baseballkyle and I am mulling it over. I will also check into Quicklaunch Rockdog97. Sounds promising.
    10-13-09 02:44 PM
    I dont know if the Stay Lit application is part of Quicklaunch or if it a standard BB application, as I could not seem to find it by searching under Options/Applications.. might be a Quicklaunch add-on...

but QL is a killer program!!! I would recommend it...
    10-13-09 02:47 PM
    I dont know if the Stay Lit application is part of Quicklaunch or if it a standard BB application, as I could not seem to find it by searching under Options/Applications.. might be a Quicklaunch add-on...

but QL is a killer program!!! I would recommend it...
    Part of the stand QL feature set - NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher

Make sure you are running the latest version!
    10-13-09 02:49 PM
    Im running v2.12.3
    10-13-09 02:51 PM
    Well then, that does it. I will go to the link baseballkyle kindly provided and grab it. No time to test it now but I will. Thanks again responders.
    10-13-09 03:05 PM
    i was still using QL 2.10 - thanks for the heads up on the software update. QL really is my fav app around.
    10-13-09 03:48 PM
    A totally free and less cumbersome alternative would be
    BBLight - OTA link.
    It also provides a vibrate and ring at the same time function.

There is a review here: BBLight v1.95 �€“ Free Backlight App Adds Vibe And Ring Functionality | BerryReview.com �
    10-13-09 04:44 PM
    Sorry to hijack but this is somewhat related....in bedmode/clock mode when charging the phone, would having the clock display continuously during your sleep hours somehow affect the lifespan of the screen?
    10-13-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD