So, I went to my local corporate store and received a refurb due to a faulty trackball. The rep said I couldn't take my old device home to use the device switch wizard in DM to transfer all of my info. He said I could transfer all of my info from a backup file. So, I am now at home and trying to restore everything from a backup file I had created and it won't work. It starts the process and then says there is an error. Please tell me there is a way to transfer all of my info from a saved backup file to my new device. Any help is appreciated.
    10-12-09 07:59 PM
    Come on CB! All of these people getting replacement Tours through their carrier and no one has run into this problem? I find that hard to believe. Maybe I should have put HELP!!! or PLEASE!!!! in my thread title to get some responses. Anyone?
    10-13-09 11:12 AM
    Try the Advanced section of Backup/Restore and restore the databases individually. Then you will find out which one is corrupt.
    10-13-09 11:21 AM
    Try the Advanced section of Backup/Restore and restore the databases individually. Then you will find out which one is corrupt.
    Hey, thanks for the response...and from a fellow motorcyclist to boot. I'll give that a go. I knew replacing my phone would be kind of a PITA but just couldn't deal with the trackball any longer.
    10-13-09 11:27 AM
    Rock on! Post back as to how it turns out. Let's ride!
    10-13-09 04:53 PM
    Rock on! Post back as to how it turns out. Let's ride!
    I used your suggestion and at least got my contact list loaded on the new phone. This morning I went to the corporate store with my laptop/usb cable and they still had my old Tour there so I hooked them up and ran the device switch wizard through DM. Super easy, everything, including 3rd party apps, transferred over as I knew they would. They really screw people by not letting them take the old device out of the store. All is well though. The new trackball is so much better.
    10-14-09 03:02 AM
    Is the trackball really better? I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I'm about ready to throw my phone through a window when I get get over 2 ICONS!! to check my email. I'm pretty close to heading back to the store to get a new one, but wanted to make sure you are happy with yours...
    10-14-09 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD