Last time I had a problem with my iPhone's battery I posted in this forum and you guys all put me at ease until I got a new iPhone.

I now ran into another problem. I woke up this morning and as always the first thing I did was turn on my phone to check my emails/sms/missed calls. I then went to sync my phone, I always sync my phone in the morning and at night just for the backup.

Well after the sync I unplugged my phone and while sending a text it rebooted. the screen was stuck on the Apple boot logo and I tried everything, including plugging my phone in to do a restore however iTunes wouldn't recognize it at all. I immediately went online and booked an appointment with the Genius Bar, something I learned after the first time my iPhone had a problem. When I came back I plugged my phone into my comp then turned the comp off and started it up again just to see if iTunes would recognize it. This time iTunes still did not recognize my phone but what happened was after about a minute of being stuck on the Apple logo when you first turn your phone off it turned off automatically.

I wasn't able to restore my phone to take the jailbreak off but I'm hoping that won't be a problem since the last time I exchanged my phone they didn't notice the jailbreak either.

I really don't mind waiting until tomorrow to get a new iPhone, well hopefully, but the one huge problem I have is that I have to restore all the apps I bought from Cydia and all my themes.

I'll update this thread tomorrow with what happens. Hopefully, I won't have any problems with the Apple employees this time.
    10-12-09 07:56 PM
    Do you have any idea as to how it happened? What did you jailbreak with?
    10-12-09 08:16 PM
    Do you have any idea as to how it happened? What did you jailbreak with?
    No clue at all I hadn't installed any new apps or anything. And I jailbroke my phone a few months back with redsn0w.
    10-12-09 08:23 PM
    lol, i think somone is trying to tell you not to jailbreak anymore!
    10-12-09 09:35 PM
    a little confused, where is your phone stuck at now? is it up just not recognized in usb or still stuck in recovery? my phone the past day or two was not coming out of sleep mode but if I held power and home for 5 secs then let go and then held power seperately for a sec then let go it would boot. if its a usb issue have the usb cable unplugged then hold the home and power button together for 5 secs then let go of the power button but not the home, while still holding the hold buttong plug the usb cable back in. if itunes doesn't automatically load with the phone plugged in launch it. if all goes well your screen will be black but you will be in dfu mode and itunes will see it. wait a few more seconds then unplug the usb cable and plug it back in and your phone should jump out of dfu and hopefully you will have usb still working
    10-13-09 05:48 AM
    Just a quick update...I went to the Apple Store today and they realized that I had a problem with my battery, apparently it was the same problem I had with my first iPhone.

They gave me a new iPhone and I was out of the store in honestly no more than 5 minutes.
    10-14-09 12:11 AM
    my phone crashed after updating the newest version of facebook and mine wasnt jail broken and i had to wait forever for a repalcement
    10-14-09 09:40 AM
    my phone crashed after updating the newest version of facebook and mine wasnt jail broken and i had to wait forever for a repalcement

did you try restoring it?
    10-14-09 12:03 PM
    Glad you got a new phone. There isn't much worse than having a useless brick, whether its an iphone or an ipod. Either way, Yay! for getting a new working one.
    10-20-09 03:51 PM
    hold the home button down, and plug in the usb cable while holding it, until it goes into DFU mode...jailbreak should clear
    10-20-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD