I just got my invite to MIQ and i have to say, it is amazing. In a matter of 5 minutes (mind you wifi connection) i downloaded MIQ created my account and ALL MY INFO WAS IN THE CLOUD! (contacts, messages, Calender, pictures, videos). The best thing about this is obviously free back-up and also you can edit contacts so much easier online and just sync them to your blackberry.

oh and the best thing is, it works without a data plan. Wifi only (even though i had to check the box that i have unlimited data plan - i even offed my signal to verify that i am using wifi 100%).

Give it a shot, it's great.
    10-12-09 04:50 PM
    I got my invite, but I'm not really that interested in it anymore. I've already got SmrtGuard.
    10-12-09 05:02 PM
    I guess in some ways it is better than google sync combined with SmrtGuard, but since I use the google sync I might just stay with that.
    10-12-09 05:08 PM
    I too had gotten my invite but after installing it on the phone i uninstalled it because i use google sync and smartguard. No need for another backup program running in the background doing the exact same thing. If it had the security features like smartguard then it would be worth it. google sync is plain and simple. never had a problem.
    10-12-09 05:27 PM
    I got my invite today and I've been playing around with mIQ. It's VERY nice. I also like the social media integration. The backup is great... has everything, including call log. Also, AFAIK, this is the first app/service that lets you SMS from a computer using your phone's actual # (unlike Google Voice which uses the GV number but GV is a free SMS). Five stars.
    10-12-09 06:57 PM
    It uses your actual phone to send the SMS. You type the text on your PC and it syncs it to your phone, which then sends the text, I believe. I had my phone service off, and sent a text from the MIQlive on my PC. The text didn't deliver until I turned the receiver back on.

Later,
    Brian
    10-14-09 12:49 PM
    mIQ is pretty awesome. But it's really strange when I first downloaded the app to my phone it, it was the Storm version, then I did a battery pull and know it's in compatibility mode ...weird
    10-14-09 03:57 PM
    mIQ is pretty awesome. But it's really strange when I first downloaded the app to my phone it, it was the Storm version, then I did a battery pull and know it's in compatibility mode ...weird
    You hit compatibility mode if you hold the escape key when booting. Maybe that's what happened.
    10-14-09 10:47 PM
    I don't know if its just my phone or what but I can't use my phone at all when miq is installed. It actually takes minutes to scroll from icon to icon when its installed and opening an app usually never happens. I have 17mb left on the phone when its installed. So I can't imagine its a memory issue. Anyone else having this issue or know whats going on? I would really love to keep this app installed since unlike smartguard, its free.

I really like it, the web interface is awesome. I like the fact that it even backs up the media card and sms. But it does me no good if I can't use my phone.
    Last edited by eldergod; 10-15-09 at 03:01 AM.
    10-15-09 02:59 AM
    Anyone notice any major battery drain with automatic updates?
    10-15-09 07:48 AM
    If you keep it on Manual Sync and just close it down after an initial "boot-up sync" it just goes away. Then you can just sync up whenever you feel the need. I don't think the automatic is THAT necessary, but for some people it might be.
    10-15-09 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD