Same old browser. What a shame - thats the only thing missing - Otherwise I would say it rivals the "I". Prove me wrong.
    10-12-09 03:41 PM
    multiple browsers to download (i.e. Opera, Bolt) and RIM just bought a company that handles WebKit browsers so come summer time next year, your argument becomes moot.

and to add to it...the iPhone is a entertainment-based phone for the younger crowd (tweens-very young adults), Blackberry is for people who are not into the razzle-dazzle of electronics but need a smartphone for business-related purposes. They are not the same style of phone or cater to the same demographic so the arguments for or against really should stop. Everyone has their preference and useless posts need to stop being made because of those preferences.
    Last edited by speters150; 10-12-09 at 03:49 PM.
    10-12-09 03:44 PM
    Pretty much what he said ^^^^^

Once torch mobile releases their browser for bb it will be solid

not to mention skyfire will be out fairly soon
    10-12-09 03:45 PM
    and to add to it...the iPhone is a entertainment-based phone for the younger crowd (tweens-very young adults), Blackberry is for people who are not into the razzle-dazzle of electronics but need a smartphone for business-related purposes. They are not the same style of phone or cater to the same demographic so the arguments for or against really should stop. Everyone has their preference and useless posts need to stop being made because of those preferences.
    Sorry to burst your little bubbles, but iPhone won the first place in both personal and business categories of J.D. Power and Associates’ second wireless phone satisfaction study of 2009.
    Last edited by Stormbot; 10-12-09 at 04:14 PM.
    10-12-09 04:10 PM
    multiple browsers to download (i.e. Opera, Bolt) and RIM just bought a company that handles WebKit browsers so come summer time next year, your argument becomes moot.
    His argument about the browser isn't moot because the Storm has multiple browsers, ALL which are inferior to the Iphone's. Also, it is not moot because RIM bought a company that makes a browser, possibly equal to the Iphone's. First of all, the Storm 2 will not have that browser at launch, and may never have that new browser. We have no evidence one was or the other, but what we do know, is that the browser that will come with Storm 1 will not be close to as good as the Iphone's. Your points are terrible and weak.
    10-12-09 04:33 PM
    whoever uses there phone for just the internet needs to get a damn laptop. Unless you spend all day surfing the net in the woods its not that huge of a deal. Thats how i feel haha
    10-12-09 05:12 PM
    Sorry to burst your little bubbles, but iPhone won the first place in both personal and business categories of J.D. Power and Associates’ second wireless phone satisfaction study of 2009.
    Maybe. Try to make phone call, however... LOL
    10-12-09 05:23 PM
    I hate it when people attempt to use that argument. RIM created the Storm to cater to the younger consumers and to compete directly with the iPhone. Please stop misinterpreting the purpose of the Storm (1&2), because it was RIM's attempt to make a dent in the consumer market, not business.
    10-12-09 05:23 PM
    This thread may be more stupid then the release date gossip threads. I think the one thing unanimously agreed upon in this entire forum and internet for that matter is the iphones browser is better the RIM's.

That is the equivalent to me stating that a Corvette is more of a sports car then a Civic. Prove me wrong.

Congratulations you won this one. They should take back the nobel prize from Obama and give it to you.
    10-12-09 05:24 PM
    Same old browser. What a shame - thats the only thing missing - Otherwise I would say it rivals the "I". Prove me wrong.
    Agreed, theres no denying that RIM's browser leaves a lot to be desired.

However, those who keep up with Blackberry news knows that RIM acquired Torch Mobile. Doesn't sound like a big deal but they are working to develop a browser thats based on Webkit (this is a very very good thing).

The acquisition took place in August so it'd be impossible to think that they could have a new browser ready to roll out by the Storm2's release. However, a new browser is in the works (tentatively scheduled for Summer 2010, I'm sure it'll be compatible with all 5.0 OS compatible phones).

This in conjunction with the fact that RIM has teamed up with Adobe (Google "Open Screen Project") to build a mobile version of Flash that's compatible with Blackberries (the reason why Flash isn't supported on phones now is because as it stands now...running Flash on a mobile browser would do two things, destroy battery life and destroy memory) means that this next browser will most likely rival that of Safari and Palm's WebOS based browser as well as have Flash.

RIM being RIM though...I'd take the "Summer 2010" tentative release to mean "December 2010". I can't recall a time where RIM was on schedule for much of anything, but the old saying goes, good things come to those who wait.

In the meantime, there are many 3rd party browsers available for download.

Now if they'd dump Java...which I don't see happening in the foreseeable future. We'll see what OS 6.0 holds in store...
    Last edited by fecurtis; 10-12-09 at 05:36 PM.
    10-12-09 05:33 PM
    I hate it when people attempt to use that argument. RIM created the Storm to cater to the younger consumers and to compete directly with the iPhone. Please stop misinterpreting the purpose of the Storm (1&2), because it was RIM's attempt to make a dent in the consumer market, not business.
    It's also what the Pearl Flip is for but yes you're exactly right. There's nothing business like about the app "Fartin' Up a Storm".

The iPhone however, is a phone that just works. Depending on your technological knowledge, this can be a good or bad thing depending on how you use your phone. For most Blackberry power users, theres no way they'd ever use an iPhone, period. This is because of how the iPhone "just works". The iPhone limits what apps you can run in the background (before their latest OS, running multiple apps simply wasn't feasible). Running multiple apps drains memory and they don't want an unaware iPhone user to suddenly wonder why their phone is crawling (it would be because they have 100 apps open and don't realize it). Now iPhones can run certain apps in the background but not all. Blackberry users don't have that issue...hence why we have memory leak issues (since also, some 3rd Party Apps are poorly written which cause memory leak).

You can jailbreak an iPhone to give it more flexibility but running multiple apps still isn't a very easy process, plus once you do, good luck getting any Apple Store to look at it for any software related warranty issues.

For the casual user who is young and wants an iPod Touch that can also make calls, an iPhone is the perfect device for them. For the casual user who wants a phone that can do multiple things at once (be it emails, texting, BBM'ing, while listening to music and checking sports scores) a Blackberry, or more recently a WebOS based Palm, suits their needs perfectly.

The issue of the abundance of 3rd Party Apps is a different matter entirely. This is due to simple business and marketing decisions and the complexities, time, expense and potential revenues of making them...as well as the programming langauge each phone uses (in that regard, RIM loses flat out).

It's funny how people attempt to defend Blackberry when they say people don't care about razzle dazzle and they just want a business phone...I forget that it's somehow impossible to have both...which is what people ideally would like....it's why the Storm exists.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 10-12-09 at 05:43 PM.
    10-12-09 05:34 PM

Seriously. What do you expect. Until blackberry updates there entire os to something realistic, it is going to be pretty much the same.
    10-12-09 05:38 PM
    It is incredulous that BB release the BBS2 with the same **** Browser....you can get the Env Touch and see a better, faster browser...
    VZW is a joke - RIM are a joke ...

Buying the BBS2 is like buying a 2009 CAR with a 2005 engine that's how outdated the Storm's Browser is ....
    10-12-09 06:43 PM
    Ok, *claps hands*......

Looks like we hit all the salient points.

Now that BigMike is here we can officially call this thread done!!

Last person out, please turn off the lights.....
    10-12-09 07:06 PM
    Hey wait a minute! I specifically booked a room here at Motel 6 because they promised to leave the light ON for me ... I want a refund!
    10-12-09 08:54 PM
    Your points are terrible and weak.
    And so is your creepy a*s avatar.

A lot can be said about poeple that idolize a petophile, I don't care who he was.
    10-13-09 10:07 AM

Or for people who want to TRULY be connected 24/7. The iphone can be connected 24/7, but you're going tohave to keep that app open and I don't like that :P
    10-13-09 11:21 AM

A lot can be said about poeple that idolize a petophile, I don't care who he was.
    Agreed. I don't care how good you can see I got a son.
    10-13-09 11:30 AM
    *sigh* Iphone/Blackberry when will the drama end?? This is a BlackBerry forum...or at least it was the last time I checked. If you prefer an Iphone then whoop-tee-doo for you. Go get your Iphone. If you prefer a BB then by all means get the BB. Both phones have their highs and their lows and that's not going to change. No need to waste time arguing over the internet about which is better. In the end it's still your money, your choice.
    10-13-09 11:44 AM

First of all, what I said was true, and has nothing to do with Michael Jackson. Second, I do not idolize Michael, I just feel that he was one of the greatest entertainers of all time. Third, it's pedophile, not petophile, and the only thing that we know for sure about that, was that he was accused, but not proven or convicted.
    10-13-09 12:04 PM
    If you believe the rumors, vastly better browsers are on the horizon. It will probably never as fullfilling an experience as browsing with windows/IE, but there are huge advancements to be made.
    10-13-09 12:10 PM
    Sorry to burst your little bubbles, but iPhone won the first place in both personal and business categories of J.D. Power and Associates� second wireless phone satisfaction study of 2009.
    JD powers is a company that publishes results based on surveys.......... Most business users really dont have the time to participate in little happy surveys like iPhone users do. So that is a biased survey.
    10-13-09 12:27 PM
    JD powers is a company that publishes results based on surveys.......... Most business users really dont have the time to participate in little happy surveys like iPhone users do. So that is a biased survey.
    ??? so business people are too productive to do anything else in life
    10-13-09 12:31 PM
    Ok, *claps hands*......

Looks like we hit all the salient points.

Now that BigMike is here we can officially call this thread done!!

Agreed, now that BM99 (what a fitting name) has weighed in, mods, PLEASE close this sorry excuse of a thread. PLEASE!!!
    10-13-09 12:33 PM
    Yes they do....

Where do you think JD Power got the data from in terms of business smartphone satisfaction?

Among customers who use their smartphones primarily for business purposes, Apple ranks highest with a score of 803, followed by RIM BlackBerry (724).
    Trolls tend to ignore any sort of factual, statistical data (no one would argue that JD Power isn't a reputable source of consumer/business surveys) but fanboys can be just as bad.

Apple ranked higher than RIM in something, boo hoo, who cares, I didn't buy my phone because everyone else liked it, I bought it because I like it.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 10-13-09 at 12:47 PM.
    10-13-09 12:44 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD