Hello, i have a bold device thats shows 'no service' when i insert simcard. I tried erasing with JL_Cmder and flashed through loader also but still no service. Can anyone help me?
    10-12-09 01:45 PM
    you may be in an area with no cell covereage at that time. is the SIM card activated? i dont think this issue required a JL_Cmder wipe.
    10-12-09 08:15 PM
    Hello, i have a bold device thats shows 'no service' when i insert simcard. I tried erasing with JL_Cmder and flashed through loader also but still no service. Can anyone help me?
    when u say falshed through loader, do you mean you debranded it?
    10-12-09 11:31 PM
    i think he means wiped it with jl and re-installed the OS. to the OP does it say "SOS" where there is supposed to be signal bars?
    10-13-09 12:06 AM
    It says "searching for network" and doesnt go beyond it. Im in a coverage area and there is nothing wrong with the simcard. Any ideas?
    10-13-09 03:14 AM
    If you are having an old sim card, try a new one ....
    10-13-09 03:20 AM
    I tried with 3 different simcards, same problem
    10-13-09 03:50 AM
    yes but on your home screen where its supposed to have the 5 bars for service.....doesn it say "SOS"?
    10-14-09 11:56 PM
    It just says "searching for network" and doesnt go beyond it...
    10-15-09 03:17 AM
    yes but on your home screen where its supposed to have the 5 bars for service.....doesn it say "SOS"?
    I've been having this sos problem more and more. why does it happen and how can i fix it?
    10-19-09 07:55 AM
    i think he means wiped it with jl and re-installed the OS. to the OP does it say "SOS" where there is supposed to be signal bars?
    mine the bold keep saying insert sim card try to look for signal sos but want recognise sim card
    10-19-09 01:31 PM
    I've been having this sos problem more and more. why does it happen and how can i fix it?
    If your having this problem a lot go see your local at&t retailer. It normally means you need a new sim card

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 03:06 PM
    Perhaps you can try another simcard of a friend. This way you will be able to tell if its the card or a phone problem. I suspect its a simcard problem... If the other card also doenst work its time to see the dealer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 05:36 PM
    My phone worked for one week, now it is doing the same thing as what you said. I bought mine online from a third party, so I cant take it to AT&T. Have you gotten anywhere with your situation?
    10-20-09 01:52 PM
    I have tried using the SIM in a different phone, works just fine. I have tried using a DIFFRENT sim in the bold, same "No service" situation. I have gone through all the powerdown and re-boots (except the JL_CMDER) and still no dice.
    10-20-09 01:55 PM
    I am having the "SOS" problem with my Bold on ATT for the last 2 days. I noticed it both days when I removed it from the the desktop charger. I called ATT yesterday and they "reset" my signal and it worked fine until I pulled it from the charger today. I am in an area with a strong signal and have not has an issue like this before.
    11-01-09 11:12 PM
    i had a rogers phone, worked perfectly. i unlocked it using a code and it immediately stopped recognizing any sim card and showed "sos" in the top right corner where the bars usually show. i tried taking it to many different places and nobody could fix it. finally i just sent it to rogers because it was still under warranty.

*the only thing i didnt try was unbrand/unlock using software. i think this may have fixed it but i guess i'll never know
    11-03-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD