It seems as though with 5.0.0.238 SMS messages stay bold in the inbox even after being read. Is this something that's a bug in 5.0 that everyone's having, or should I try reinstalling to fix this? Also, when SMSing a BBM contact the exact opposite thing happens; when the last message in the thread is what I have sent the conversation comes up as bold in the inbox, but when the last message is one received it shows up as not bold. Is there a fix floating around out there for this?

--Thanks.

EDIT: I have BBM 5.0.0.33 installed.
    Last edited by Benjamindaines; 10-12-09 at 11:04 AM.
    10-12-09 11:01 AM
    Alright, so this thread has gotten 52 views so far and no answer. I'm assuming this means that no one knows of a fix. But can someone let me know if they are seeing the same behavior? I still don't know if this is just a problem with the leaked build or if it's a problem with my installation.

--Thanks again.
    10-12-09 08:55 PM
    i have the exact same problem it's real annoying

OS 5.0.0.238 on a curve 8900
    10-20-09 09:41 AM
    i see it too. i'm beginning to think it's just an aspect of the new os that we'll have to get used to. the notification icon changes on read vs unread status, so it's not like the phone isn't recognizing the status.

perhaps, sms conversations are bolded because they are a different type of entry in the messages listing than, say, an email or a bbm. you can separate the sms out of the message center, which would help in distinguishing new items in the message center from already-read items.
    10-20-09 10:16 AM
    I think it's a bug. Noticing quite a few messaging-related issues with this build. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out.
    10-20-09 10:50 AM
    i see it too. i'm beginning to think it's just an aspect of the new os that we'll have to get used to. the notification icon changes on read vs unread status, so it's not like the phone isn't recognizing the status.

perhaps, sms conversations are bolded because they are a different type of entry in the messages listing than, say, an email or a bbm. you can separate the sms out of the message center, which would help in distinguishing new items in the message center from already-read items.
    I agree.. though it looks like a bug, but I have gotten used to it by now. It's easier to distinguish between sms & email as I have them both combined into Message.
    10-20-09 11:00 AM
    Hi everyone the only solution I found was if you click on the top day and go into menu and mark all as read it removes it.

Hope this helps

Bd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 11:38 AM
    Hi everyone the only solution I found was if you click on the top day and go into menu and mark all as read it removes it.

Hope this helps

Bd

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well.. it is a bug.. It's a shame though. I kinda liked it that way.
    10-20-09 12:05 PM
    just because you click on an sms to read view the thread does not mean that your device has recognized that you actually read the message... the next time you get a new text and click to read it, while in the thread, scroll the trackball or trackpad on your device up through the thread, the little yellow highlighted arrow beside the last entry will be replaced by a hollow arrow and your message will be logged as read in the messages folder. yeah, it could be kinda annoying, but at the same time, it is also a handy tool for organization... let's say i send you an important answer to a critical question and you quickly open the thread to view my response, set your device down and continue working because you didn't have time to respond or thank me or need to ask for more info, then that message is still logged as unread for you to remember and deal with or reply to when you have time later. again, kinda quirky, kinda cool, but it's there nonetheless and i think it was intentional on RIM's part... cheers!
    10-20-09 11:23 PM
    Has anybody figured on deleting the mass of messages yet, or is that a kink still bring worked out? Doing it bit by bit is killing me serious.
    10-21-09 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD