I noticed on the Blackberry App World website that they had a link to this application but when I followed it into App World it didn't go anywhere. So I did some research and uLocate launched this app for the iPhone first. This week I was able to download the app from App World and it is awesome. It integrates into Traffic.com so if you have a login for that web site then can pull down any saved "drives" you might have saved. It will use your cell signal and triangulate your signal to automatically identify where you are and how the traffic is around you.

I recommend this app for anyone who spends some time in the car in the morning. Of course it works best in larger cities that would participate in Traffic.com updates.
    10-12-09 07:57 AM
    Thanks man this actually looks pretty cool. Will have to test for a few days.
    10-12-09 08:50 AM
    I wish this was available for Canadian use!
    10-12-09 12:43 PM
    Hi Cbomba - Thanks for bringing that issue to our attention. We will look into the App World issue. You can find out more info and download the Traffic.com App for the BlackBerry Storm on our website at Traffic.com iPhone & iPod Touch Application, BlackBerry Storm Traffic App | WHERE

Hope this helps.
    10-12-09 02:41 PM
    Hi Cbomba - Thanks for bringing that issue to our attention. We will look into the App World issue. You can find out more info and download the Traffic.com App for the BlackBerry Storm on our website at Traffic.com iPhone & iPod Touch Application, BlackBerry Storm Traffic App | WHERE

Hope this helps.
    Can I get this without downloading App world? I can't find it, everything points to App world.

Thanks
    10-12-09 03:01 PM
    Trying to download traffic.com app to my Verizon 9530. In the app world on my device it doesn't show up when I search for traffic. I went the web version of the app store on my computer and found it. I then emailed a link to my blackberry. When I click the link it shows the traffic app in the app store on my device, but it says "this application is not available on your device or for your carrier." I running the latest verizon release of 4.7
    10-12-09 07:02 PM
    Just updated my app world to the latest version. Now it is letting me download it...
    10-12-09 07:22 PM
    Is this app any better than the one built-in to Google Maps? In the Google app, you can get traffice info for almost anywhere.
    10-13-09 12:28 PM
    I'm running this version of where but no traffic for bb yet. Any idea when it will be included

Hope this helps.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 09:59 PM
    This app is separate from Where. Download from App World and you can setup specific routes that you drive and it will let you know the drive times and if there are any accidents or construction.
    10-15-09 07:25 AM
    Is this app any better than the one built-in to Google Maps? In the Google app, you can get traffice info for almost anywhere.
    Way better. You get more up-to-date information about the accidents and traffic jams.
    10-15-09 07:26 AM
    invalid email provided....invalid email provided...invalid email provided...invalid email provided....

I've tried 3 different email accounts and this is what I keep getting when I try to register.
    10-15-09 08:41 AM
    Signed up on traffic.com...

then went to mobile app and tried using the traffic.com log-in...get a message saying "unable to authenticate"

So far, this app is a HUGE FAIL for me.

If I have to attempt to log-in or register more than 6 times, using correct information, and there's some sort of error message, I have to conclude that the application SUCKS.

Great idea though.
    10-15-09 08:50 AM
    Signed up on traffic.com...
    If I have to attempt to log-in or register more than 6 times, using correct information, and there's some sort of error message, I have to conclude that the application SUCKS.
    I had similar issues. I signed up on traffic.com, set my routes, set up the app, registered that one and then tried connecting to traffic.com from the phone and it kept telling me it didn't recognize the username and/or password. I contacted traffic.com's tech support and they reset my password. Even tho it worked on the site, the app, for some reason didn't work right. Once they reset it, it worked fine.

If you look at the welcome emails you got for registering on the site and the app, you might see the issue. One of those emails read "welcome...." and instead of my username, they had my password.

also, the site is cap sensitive so you need to make sure that you type it in 100% accurately.
    10-15-09 09:35 AM
    I had similar issues. I signed up on traffic.com, set my routes, set up the app, registered that one and then tried connecting to traffic.com from the phone and it kept telling me it didn't recognize the username and/or password. I contacted traffic.com's tech support and they reset my password. Even tho it worked on the site, the app, for some reason didn't work right. Once they reset it, it worked fine.

If you look at the welcome emails you got for registering on the site and the app, you might see the issue. One of those emails read "welcome...." and instead of my username, they had my password.

also, the site is cap sensitive so you need to make sure that you type it in 100% accurately.
    I can't even get that fair I'm typing in my username and pw from my existing traffic.com account at the "My Traffic" icon and it just sits there... I click ok and the cursor vanishes but the login screen doesn't go away... then if I move the trackball the cursor reappears... at this point I can't hit the back button, or the menu button I'm just stuck at the login screen. I have to reboot my BB.

Very disappointed as I've been using traffic.com for awhile now to get email alerts from my morning/evening commutes...
    10-22-09 02:31 PM
    I can't even get that fair I'm typing in my username and pw from my existing traffic.com account at the "My Traffic" icon and it just sits there... I click ok and the cursor vanishes but the login screen doesn't go away... then if I move the trackball the cursor reappears... at this point I can't hit the back button, or the menu button I'm just stuck at the login screen. I have to reboot my BB.

Very disappointed as I've been using traffic.com for awhile now to get email alerts from my morning/evening commutes...
    Same thing happens to me, I've done a battery pull twice now. As soon as it comes back up, I'll be uninstalling this app. Disappointed...I was really looking forward to this one since I drive a pretty long stretch of I-95 every day.
    10-22-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD