I just upgraded my TELUS Tour to OS 5.0.0.230. When someone sends me an SMS and I have them added as a BBM contact, the message shows up in the BBM app and not under SMS.

The person I'm sending to receives it as an SMS, though.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround for this yet?
    10-11-09 09:30 PM
    Maybe try disassociating the bbm contact from your address book contact?

I find that a little annoying too and tend to delete the text as soon as possible.

Does the Tour version also have it in reverse that when you read the sms, it gets bolded and you get the notifier that there's a new sms?
    10-11-09 11:57 PM
    I just upgraded my TELUS Tour to OS 5.0.0.230. When someone sends me an SMS and I have them added as a BBM contact, the message shows up in the BBM app and not under SMS.

That's intentional. You have to remove the contact from BBM to have messages show up as a text.
    10-13-09 03:10 AM

apparently that is just the way the threaded sms/bbm/etc displays... if you have an existing bbm conversation running with a known contact and they send you an sms it will display in bbm as a separate chat, i think RIM more than likely intended this as an organizational tool, all correspondence with a contact is grouped together.

and as far as the person to whom you are sending the sms, are they running 5.0.0.230 as well? if they're not, that's why their device displays these items differently...
    10-13-09 11:37 PM
    I understand "what" they are doing, but I dont understand why they would not give the option to disable it. Makes no sense. Now i have 1/2 my SMS in BBM and 1/2 in the SMS threads. How is that organized. Maybe a OS5 update will change that
    10-14-09 08:58 AM
    This really bothers me too. Even if I don't have a conversation started in BBM with the contact, it starts one there. I could get over that if the notification was for texts, but it makes the BBM sound and shows the BBM symbol. It's frustrating.
    10-14-09 10:36 AM
    I just keep my non blackberry contacts separate from messenger. What's the point anyway? The smileys won't go through. You can't use more than 160 characters. You can't put the conversation on homescreen. So for me only contacts with Blackberry messenger go on my messenger list. Can anybody tell me a good reason to put a non blackberry contact on messenger?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 11:30 PM
    so it's not just me! I've been going crazy with bbm 5.0 and .230 on the tour. i don't understand how people are using .230 with this bug. It makes it difficult to locate new sms messages and bbms too. Does anyone find it difficult to read threaded sms? I really don't like the fact that the name of the sender is in bold, makes me think there's new message in the thread.

This is becoming a deal breaker for me. I am going to downgrade. That and enhanced gmail doesn't work for me with 230 either. Any one else having that problem?
    10-27-09 11:13 AM
    is this .230 version u guys are using a leak or an official download because ive been impatiently waiting for the official release and my desktop manager has not notified me of an update.if this is the official update can someone please point me in the direction as to where it is so i can put it on my tour.thanks
    10-27-09 11:08 PM
    I find this super annoying too. I like SMS and BBM convos to be separated.
    11-08-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD