I been waiting for the storm2 for what feelslikea long time. I ended giving my wife my tour and I'm back to my 8330. I have been inching for new phone and just came accross the HTC Imagio. It seems like a really cool phone. my wife is talking me out of getting it but I don't know how m uch longer I can wait for the storm2. My only draw back is loosing bbm. I need some input, what are some of the pros and cons about S2 and imagio, right now i'm leaning towards an Imagio. Yeah I know that this isn't the right forum for this question but i figure no one else would know more about the S2 than you guys.
    10-11-09 03:24 PM
    Most people here will probably tell you not to get the Imagio just because it's a WinMo phone. I for one don't mind, mainly because TouchFlo is a superb overlay UI. However, I do have an issue with resistive screens, so that is a deal breaker for me. Any information you want or need about the S2 is presented pretty clearly in this forum.
    Have you looked into the Motorola Sholes coming out?
    10-11-09 03:35 PM
    what's a resistive screen, sorry for the nooB question, and why is it a bad thing? thnaks in advance

Most people here will probably tell you not to get the Imagio just because it's a WinMo phone. I for one don't mind, mainly because TouchFlo is a superb overlay UI. However, I do have an issue with resistive screens, so that is a deal breaker for me. Any information you want or need about the S2 is presented pretty clearly in this forum.
    Have you looked into the Motorola Sholes coming out?
    10-11-09 03:44 PM
    I also am leaning to the Imagio I love TouchFlo
    10-11-09 03:46 PM
    My personal opinion is that until WinMo7 comes out, anything else is just a 6.x overlayed with a UI that "tries" to streamline the interface, but once you need some specific/advanced option from within the OS, you're back to the old tired WinMo UI. With 7, this should change substantially and that's when you'll see somewhat of a comeback from them. Right now, some Android and WebOS advancements are being made to bring them inline with Enterprise needs (i.e. security and email integration), so if you're not happy with BB or WinMo, maybe look at other products with Android and such.... HTC (if you really like their phone tech) is bringing Android to VZW before the end of the year.
    10-11-09 03:54 PM
    A resistive screen requires a physical push to register a touch input (Dare, WinMo touch screen devices), while a capacitive screen (iPhone, etc.) registers the input from the electricity coursing through your fingers (or something to that extent). Capacitive screens tend to be far more accurate, but resistive screens are getting pretty solid as well.

The only downside to capacitive screens is that it can only register an input from bare flesh, so you can't wear gloves or something like that while using it.

It's all personal preference though; some prefer resistive, some prefer capacitive. Give both types a try and see which one you like the best.
    10-11-09 04:00 PM
    It really depends upon what you want in a phone. I don't think I should need to tell you what you get with the storm2. But with the Imagio you get the same basic principal: a completely touchscreen phone meant more for the business user. Personally, I'm with Civic and dane on this one: I HATE resistive screens (prefer MUCH more to have a UI geared for the finger and not a pen) and I would much rather wait til the more stable and streamlined Windows7 finally comes out.

If I were you, I would go to my local VZW store and ask to play with the newest HTC winmo phone they have in stock and the Storm1. I know they aren't the phones you're considering but the Touchsense (HTC has renamed Touchflo) UI and the Blackberry OS are pretty much uniform throughout all of the separate companies touchscreen phones and will give you a general idea of what you're looking at.

For what it's worth BB's are generally more stable than Winmo but with HTC you get the undeniably gorgeous Touchsense UI and a wider platform for applications and such.

Edit: OH! and if you decide you like Winmo better then wait for the Omni2, trust me you won't regret it.
    Last edited by jcom86; 10-11-09 at 04:12 PM.
    10-11-09 04:09 PM
    I do have an issue with resistive screens, so that is a deal breaker for me.
    I am sure the technology has improved, but I once used an LG Voyager and the resistive screen was a huge pain. After a while I gave up and used the manual QWERTY keyboard.
    10-11-09 05:24 PM
    A resistive screen requires a physical push to register a touch input (Dare, WinMo touch screen devices), while a capacitive screen (iPhone, etc.) registers the input from the electricity coursing through your fingers (or something to that extent). Capacitive screens tend to be far more accurate, but resistive screens are getting pretty solid as well.

The only downside to capacitive screens is that it can only register an input from bare flesh, so you can't wear gloves or something like that while using it.

It's all personal preference though; some prefer resistive, some prefer capacitive. Give both types a try and see which one you like the best.
    I thought that before to, but I am a College Football player and after practice i was using my storm with my gloves on still and it worked just fine...running .230 also works great!!
    10-11-09 09:30 PM
    I thought that before to, but I am a College Football player and after practice i was using my storm with my gloves on still and it worked just fine...running .230 also works great!!
    I just used my storm this morning with my batting gloves on and it worked fine too!! (.167)
    10-11-09 11:54 PM
    Just checked out the video review on CNET... looks like this device will give the storm some competition. Very curious to see what the marriage between HTC and Android looks like.

Greg
    10-12-09 07:54 AM
    Is that without pushing on the screen??..seeing as the Storm has a click screen.

Resistive screens tend to be far more precise as you can use a stylus to pick and choose where you want to go on the screen...capacitive arent so precise as it relies on your fingers although the iphone is pretty precise i find.
    10-12-09 08:01 AM
    The win mob is a great phone if you use microsoft outlook like its your job, it will link directly in to your outlook and sync contacts, tasks, calender, and email completly wirelessly, i have found Win to be a little less stable than BB (have to pull the Batt every now and again)

The BB i have been converted, i can sync wirelessly just the same but through my Gmail google sync, the reseption is better, emails are quick, atachments are easily read, in all the Tour has been the best phone that i have ever owned and i work at a VZW store, i have had my fair share of phones.
    10-12-09 09:07 AM
    I do agree that the click or touch screen isnt for every one under the sun, I found myself more accurate on the "real" keyboard with the tour
    10-12-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD