Since they are not mentioning it on the main page I just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canucks!!!!!
    10-11-09 03:01 PM
    Check your calendar, Monday the 12th is Thanksgiving day in Canada!!!lol

on a side note

In the year 1578, the English navigator Martin Frobisher held a formal ceremony, in what is now called Newfoundland, to give thanks for surviving the long journey. He was later knighted and had an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean in northern Canada named after him - Frobisher Bay. Other settlers arrived and continued these ceremonies.

Americans did not invent Thanksgiving. It began in Canada. Frobisher's celebration in 1578 was 43 years before the pilgrims gave thanks in 1621 for the bounty that ended a year of hardships and death. Abraham Lincoln established the date for the US as the last Thursday in November. In 1941, US Congress set the National Holiday as the fourth Thursday in November.
    10-11-09 03:36 PM
    well, ya learn something new everyday...
    10-11-09 03:39 PM
    Thanks for the info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 04:31 PM
    Heh, that and thanksgiving is in celebration of the last day of the harvest. It's because of climate differences that thanksgiving are on different days in Canada and the US. But it's the end of the harvest that we give thanks for the food...

10-11-09 05:19 PM
    Check your calendar, Monday the 12th is Thanksgiving day in Canada!!!lol

on a side note

In the year 1578, the English navigator Martin Frobisher held a formal ceremony, in what is now called Newfoundland, to give thanks for surviving the long journey. He was later knighted and had an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean in northern Canada named after him - Frobisher Bay. Other settlers arrived and continued these ceremonies.

Americans did not invent Thanksgiving. It began in Canada. Frobisher's celebration in 1578 was 43 years before the pilgrims gave thanks in 1621 for the bounty that ended a year of hardships and death. Abraham Lincoln established the date for the US as the last Thursday in November. In 1941, US Congress set the National Holiday as the fourth Thursday in November.
    Wow, interesting to know.
    10-11-09 10:17 PM
    Didn't know that I'll look it up and find more

10-12-09 07:35 AM
    Now It's official!!! Happy Turkey Day to all my fellow Canucks! I'm surprised that Kevin being canadian wouldn't put something on the main page...oh well!
    10-12-09 01:41 PM
    Yes in Canada it's Thanksgiving, in Mexico it's Day of the Race and in the US it's just good ol Columbus Day
    10-12-09 03:05 PM
    Happy Thanksgiving right back atcha!

Had our dinner last night, and man, it was GOOD. Didn't get sent home with any leftovers, though
    10-12-09 03:21 PM
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
    Hope Everyone has a good dinner tonight I know I will
    10-12-09 03:26 PM
    moved to off topic
    10-12-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD