Just signed up for it, and it works pretty good. I haven't played around with it a whole lot, but it looks promising.
    10-10-09 08:01 PM
    i heard about that program actually. care to elaborate for those who dont know much about the program?
    10-10-09 08:11 PM
    It will backup pretty much everything from your phone and memory card. No need to plug your phone in anymore. Also, from the miq site on your computer, you can add info and send it to your phone. To sign up for an invite visit Free mobile phone contact, photo, video and text message backup :: mIQ.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 10-10-09 at 08:19 PM.
    10-10-09 08:15 PM
    signed up for it also and dl'd. works real well. you can backup contacts, messages, call, photos, videos (photos and videos up to 1 GB) and calander

it's pretty sweet in that when you sync it if you're logged in online you can see everything updated (photos as they are added contacts as they are added and it assigned photos from facebook (assuming you've connected mIQ to facebook also)
    10-11-09 01:21 AM
    Just a note, be sure your battery is charged for your first backup, it takes a little while if your phone, and card are close to capacity.
    10-11-09 06:59 AM
    Mine has been going for 3+ hours and is not even at 50% yet
    10-11-09 09:10 PM
    mine took about an hour for 120+ pics and everything else...so not that much data took a good amount of time
    10-11-09 11:21 PM
    has anyone tried the visial voicemail buit in offered for free from callwave?
    10-12-09 10:34 AM
    It's uploading now.

Don't have a memory card or that much media so it shouldn't take that long.

I like the messages and stuff, wonder if there was a way to access BBM as well.
    10-12-09 02:46 PM
    has anyone tried the visial voicemail buit in offered for free from callwave?
    I haven't. But, then again, I probably won't. I like to check my voice mail on the move, not when I get home to my computer. I might as well have an answering machine and a land line!
    10-12-09 02:49 PM
    I downloaded this in the am, took a looong time to back everything up. didnt realize i had so much on the phone.

looks cool, but didnt have much time to play around at work.
    10-12-09 03:03 PM
    I been using it for over a week now and I like the service. I love how you can log into your online account and see your videos and play them there. Pretty neat.
    10-12-09 03:04 PM
    I got my invite today and was looking at the mIQ website and did not see much about data security. Has anyone found any info on this? I have a lot of client information on my BB and need to make sure it stays secure.
    10-12-09 03:20 PM
    This is a very cool app. Really like it after playing around with it.

BTW... My invite code worked on more than one phone. I set it up on my wife phone too.
    10-12-09 07:29 PM
    invite code with user id and password is the same to get started and setup...
    10-12-09 08:10 PM
    I've noticed that none of my re-occuring appointments show up in the calendar. I wonder why this is. Major problem for me!
    10-12-09 09:18 PM
    I've noticed that none of my re-occuring appointments show up in the calendar. I wonder why this is. Major problem for me!
    I emailed mIQ about this and received a response that it will be added.
    10-12-09 09:42 PM
    I received an invite as well.

It seems like a pretty strong app, but I as well am curious about the privacy with these types of apps. But really, I don't see why Best Buy would do anything out of the normal with it, and somehow I feel safer being it is through a bigger company... hmm.

As far as the app, it seems to sync very smoothly, and works well on my BB Storm. It has uploaded my contacts/pictures/calender, so I am going to give it a go for a bit and see if I like it.

I have SmrtGuard as well, which I do like the remote wipe ability. So, we will see.
    10-13-09 09:21 AM
    well for those who want secuirty, BBSAK and other apps like that work just the same way. saves everything if you want it to
    10-13-09 09:24 AM
    I received my invite over the weekend and have everything synced up except none of my text messages are showing up on MIQ... is anyone else having this problem??
    10-13-09 12:12 PM
    I emailed mIQ about this and received a response that it will be added.
    Great thanks! I emailed them as well, good to hear they will be adding this update!
    10-13-09 12:32 PM
    I received my invite over the weekend and have everything synced up except none of my text messages are showing up on MIQ... is anyone else having this problem??
    It didn't back any of mine either, but as of today I've had a text coversation, and a BBM conversation, and they both showed up on the mIQ page without my even running a backup.
    10-13-09 01:03 PM
    I tried this the other day. Took about a half hour to back-up. All of my media content was there but my contacts and calendar was not. I deleted the app and haven't tried it again. Is there going to be a way to sync back to my computer with this?
    10-13-09 01:09 PM
    Havent DL's this yet, but wondering... it says TRY it for free... anyone have an idea what it will cost after that?
    10-13-09 01:24 PM
    It remains free. Its a free service from Best Buy Mobile
    10-13-09 08:57 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD