I have Verizon and I cant download it, I tried 3 different ways, blackberry manager, the blabckberry update website, and on my cel thru advance options
    10-10-09 02:52 PM
    I believe so, yes.
    10-10-09 02:53 PM
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file? If you don't delete this you will not be able to load an os that is for any carrier except you own. You can search the forums to find the exact location. It is not anything new. Its pretty much common knowledge now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 03:20 PM
    .57 is Sprint and .53 is Verizon, but I think .53 was pulled because people were having issues installing it. You might be able to find a copy somewhere, download it, and install it from your computer.

If you have .53, and you meant to say that you wanted Sprint's .57, you'll have to delete the vendor.xml file after downloading it to your computer manually.
    10-10-09 03:26 PM

you can't get .53 for other devices. Via DM if you have a non sprint Tour if will not detect the newer OS. You can't get it via blackberry.com sprint LP site. So with that there is no way to remove the Vendor file since you don't have the OS.

Common knowledge ? ?
    10-10-09 03:30 PM
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file? If you don't delete this you will not be able to load an os that is for any carrier except you own. You can search the forums to find the exact location. It is not anything new. Its pretty much common knowledge now.

its also common knowledge that he cant download the OS to begin with because thats what he said in his post
    10-10-09 03:30 PM
    its also common knowledge that he cant download the OS to begin with because thats what he said in his post
    Not quite... Read again.

To OP: find a copy of the OS, download to your PC, install, delete vendor file, run loader.exe. Search box is your friend if any of these steps are unfamiliar. Good luck!

10-10-09 05:00 PM
    There is no way to get the OS........ Unless you have Desktop Manager and Sprint Tour.. Not sure what the confusion is...
    10-10-09 05:12 PM
    Im just happy sprint is on the ball. I remember last year it took them forever to release 4.5 for the 8330.
    10-10-09 05:16 PM
    Not quite... Read again.

To OP: find a copy of the OS, download to your PC, install, delete vendor file, run loader.exe. Search box is your friend if any of these steps are unfamiliar. Good luck!

im going to requote his original post with exactly what he said

"i have verizon and I can't download it"

what about the first sentence did you not understand

also note the thread title.. is .57 only for sprint.. and the answer is yes its only for sprint
    Last edited by noaim; 10-10-09 at 05:30 PM.
    10-10-09 05:21 PM
    Lol ok relaxed people with all the common knowledge thing, thanx to everyone who replied, my question was answered by the first replied of zerohour. "I believe so, yes" simple and to the point

10-10-09 07:55 PM
    im going to requote his original post with exactly what he said

"i have verizon and I can't download it"

what about the first sentence did you not understand

also note the thread title.. is .57 only for sprint.. and the answer is yes its only for sprint
    He changed it to .57 after my post. When I posted, he was asking for .53, which is for Verizon (which is his carrier). After my post, he changed it to .57, meaning he wants to install the Sprint OS onto his Verizon phone.

As for not being able to download the OS through DM, that's right...but some people will repackage what they have downloaded, and then make it available for others to download. That's how leaked OS's happen, such as 5.0...

I don't think any Sprint customer has bothered to make it available for non-Sprint customers yet.
    10-10-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD