Now now Iam so sorry if im posting somethin that has been posted before. I really dont know if anyone has ask this. But I have the storm one got it yesterday. I have the .230 os leak and it works great. But I hear that now that the storm2 is soon to be released. I have seen vids of the new storm and the design of it is better. It seems to work smoother and all. I would like to upgrade to the storm2 but I think imma wait at least 6 months after release then it will prolly work really good. Ya know when they release a new device it always be buggy then like 5 or so months later it has a os upgrade and works better. So I think ill wait a few months to upgrade. What about u guys?? Oh and I also feel for us that had got the first storm when it first came out and had to deal with all the bugs we should be allowed a free upgrade to the storm2. Thats just how I feel..
    10-10-09 10:13 AM
    As much as I would love a free upgrade...I don't think I deserve one. Maybe a credit of $100 towards storm 2 might be fair but I'm not holding my breath. Still, I'll probably stick with my storm 1...who knows, by the time I'm ready for an upgrade storm 3 might be around.
    10-10-09 10:20 AM
    I think that you have 30 days to try the device. If you wern't happy with it you can return it in those days.

When my contract says I can get an upgrade, that's when I'm entitled to get an upgrade. Anything beyond that is at my cost.

And I think that's the way it's going to be.
    10-10-09 11:00 AM
    Now now Iam so sorry if im posting somethin that has been posted before. I really dont know if anyone has ask this. But I have the storm one got it yesterday. I have the .230 os leak and it works great. But I hear that now that the storm2 is soon to be released. I have seen vids of the new storm and the design of it is better. It seems to work smoother and all. I would like to upgrade to the storm2 but I think imma wait at least 6 months after release then it will prolly work really good. Ya know when they release a new device it always be buggy then like 5 or so months later it has a os upgrade and works better. So I think ill wait a few months to upgrade. What about u guys?? Oh and I also feel for us that had got the first storm when it first came out and had to deal with all the bugs we should be allowed a free upgrade to the storm2. Thats just how I feel..

Free upgrade aside (cause it aint gonna happen) I see no reason to upgrade. Would more app memory be good? Sure. WiFi? Sure. New SurePress? Only time will tell. It is really the same device.

I have all the apps I need with room to spare. I'm rarely In range of WiFI. I've got this SureType screen down pat so I'm not sure that anything will necessarily be better. So, paying any amount of money for something that is just marginally better is just ridiculous. But that is just me.

If you're wiping your **** with twenties, then you might as well try it out. Otherwise I'm betting that most of us have better stuff to use the cash for.

EDIT: really!? I can't say "but" with two T's?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gkl; 10-10-09 at 12:22 PM.
    10-10-09 12:19 PM
    whenever its released im just gonna go into the store and play with it if it works better than storm1 to me then ill see if I can do a exchange if its released in my 30 day period. if not imma jus keep my storm1 it works great.. I dont use WIFI anyway but I hear the screen is better as far as the surepress and I wouldnt mind that lol.. thanx for all the feedback
    10-10-09 01:37 PM
    I have been having some random shut down issues with mine and I know the carrier I am with will give me a new one if I call so I think I just may hold out till the 2 drops and see if they will exchange it for me for free

Its worth a try at least

10-10-09 02:00 PM
    The only way I could see a 'premature' upgrade being offered is if you sold your sole to a 24 month contract extension (without parole!)

I certainly wouldn't be interested in even a 6 month extension.

If you have to get it, then YES wait about six months to see how it fairs, however 6 months after it's release there will be better phones on the market.
    10-10-09 02:25 PM
    I've had my Storm for around 4-6 weeks. In that time I've spent many hours upgrading/downgrading the OS, buying apps, and configuring it so it's working the way I want. I see absolutely zero reasons to perform that process over again this soon. Specially if I have to pay to do it. Specially considering I'd probably have to buy the paid apps again. Sorry, no Storm 2 for me.
    10-10-09 02:32 PM
    My 2 years are up in Feb, Hopefully by then we will start hearing about the next Storm.

Only thing Storm 2 has that I even want is the App memory, everything else is ok but nothing to cause me to run out and spend money on.
    10-10-09 03:50 PM
    im gonna wait and see what the android phone have to offer, i might go for verizons version of the hero, i dunno the storm 2 is basically the same phone as storm 1 with minor upgrades, not worth the money
    10-10-09 04:07 PM
    Am deff gonna upgrade no matter the cost ...
    10-10-09 04:12 PM
    definitely not upgrading to Storm2, I want my physical keyboard back
    10-10-09 04:32 PM
    May give the old Storm to my youngest daughter, but it won't be until the new is thoroughly cussed and discussed on CrackBerry for a while. That will be the key on whether I go for Storm2, or not.
    10-10-09 06:48 PM
    i would like to upgrade but i wont pay that much money .........
    10-10-09 06:58 PM
    Im not upgrading. Not worth it to me. Same phone for the most part. With .230 the Storm 1 runs perfectly.. I cant see this thing running any smoother.

Kind of funy how everybody is upgrading to storm 2. Same ol phone only diff major is wifi and memory.

B ut seriously, who needs wifi for the most part. 3g is fast enough.

too everyone who wanna upgrade is just for showing off and bragging rights..
    10-10-09 08:02 PM
    nice read. Its great to have support here
    10-10-09 08:08 PM
    Of I was you, I would go back and get it since you have 30 days.

Just my .02

10-10-09 11:54 PM

Just my .02

10-10-09 11:54 PM

Just my .02

10-10-09 11:59 PM
    Salomondrin
    Check out his review and short video.
    10-11-09 01:33 PM
    I am happy with my and is working the way I want it to, so no
    10-13-09 09:56 AM
    I really haven't decided yet. It just doesn't seem to be so significantly different that it would warrant paying full price to upgrade. I'm kind of torn. When the iPhone comes to Verizon I don't want to feel like I JUST got a new phone in case I want to go to the dark side, but it probably won't come soon enough to feel that way even if I do get the Storm 2. Soooo... I don't know. I wish we had a better idea of when the iPhone is coming to Verizon so that I could plot out my gadget obsession. If the iPhone comes in 2011 or 2012, then getting the Storm 2 seems like a good idea in the meantime. Mehhh.
    Last edited by zazzified; 10-13-09 at 10:31 AM.
    10-13-09 10:28 AM
    Do I wanna upgrade to storm 2? Sure! Am I going to shell out for it? Nope! Is Upgrade free? Nope! (not for me anyways). I think phone retails for $599-$699 not sure of the upgrade/early upgrade cost but the $129 I plopped down for the old storm (with upgrade allowance) a few months ago is still more then I would spend at this time for a storm 2.
    10-13-09 04:29 PM
    As of right now I most certainly want to upgrade to the Storm2. but as soon as I get my PC up and running tonight I'm going to attempt to upgrade to .230 and see how that goes for me. From all the posts sounds like a darn good OS for the Storm.

But I really want the Storm2 mainly because of the increased memory and the new surepress technology they got.

10-13-09 05:21 PM
    I might. Probably not though, in 6 months there will probably be a newer touchscreen device that works much better. Or just maybe, the 4G iphone will come to Verizon next summer.....
    10-13-09 05:29 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD