Hi Guys, I have been with rogers since May 2009.

My current plan is
    200 Weekday Min
    Unlimeted after 9PM
    Unlimted Text messages
    Called ID
    Voice Mail
    500MB BIS Data

I should be paying about 75 bucks a month. Is that too much? I have been told that I can call and threaten to cancel and they will hook me up. Is that true? I think I am paying too much because my friends don't pay as much as me and they get way better deals. The only think I am afraid of is that they won't budge because I am on a contract for 3 years :S

Let me know what you guys things.

Cheers
    10-10-09 01:15 AM
    IMO: too soon, I don't think the retention department will budge unless maybe you threaten that you will transfer ownership of your contract.

It doesn't hurt to try, but I don't think they will do anything.
    10-10-09 01:27 AM
    I agree. Threatening to cancel or leave your contract after less than half a year. If I were an employee I'd probably laugh.

On the whole you are paying too much but it could be because the plans your friends are on are no longer available but they still get them because thats what they signed up for.

As an example here is my bill:
    $57.07 after all fees etc. I've been with Rogers for atleast 10yrs. Included in my plan is caller id, voicemail, who called.

Rogers Wireless Insider EPP - $17.50

* 6PM Early Eve. Calling Option
    * 200 Weekday Minutes
    * Unlimited Eve/Wknd Minutes

Additional Services

* Call Forward/Trans.Pay Per Use
    * Van./Vic. Rate Following
    * 10000 Picture or Video Msgs.
    * 10000 Sent/Unl.Received Txt
    * BlackBerry (BIS) Svc 500MB
    * Detailed Billing

Additional Charges**

* 9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee - $0.50 - Monthly
    * System Access Fee - $6.95 - Monthly
    * 6PM Early Eve. Calling Option - $7.00 - Monthly

Discount(s)

* Activation Fee Credit
    * Monthly Plan Credit - To be removed on 22/07/2011
    * Early Evening Option Credit
    10-10-09 03:40 AM
    With Bell when I tried to upgrade they said I'd have to extend my contract but that they couldn't extend the contract I currently had because it was a "promotion" even though it wasn't. It was a standard family plan.

200 monthly mins (shared between 3 lines)
    6 pm early evenings
    caller id (only for the primary line)
    incoming texts free (i should've threatened to cancel when they started that $.15/incoming bullcrap)
    unlimited calling between family members

and I think there may have been voicemail for the primary line as well, but they never activated it and I was fortunate for my mother to be paying for it (I'm a college student) and she never bothered to phone them up and inquire. Anyways they kept telling me they wouldn't be able to extend it.. and I didn't want to extend it anyways.

so the last month of the contract we called at the beginning of the month and they got our cancellation notice and my mother says "Look, I just want to cancel, I know you're going to try and give me a deal but I really don't want it, I just want out" I laughed so much but was like you totally knew they would've lowered the bill had you complained especially since we had 3 lines! but anyways they then tried to charge us $300 in cancellation fees even though the contract was over! So I personally called them up and said no way I was paying that and the guy waived the fees and I asked if they'd send me a new bill to which he replied they would. When the new bill arrived they tried to charge us late fees. I told my mother not to pay them, and she said there was no way she was going to pay for that.

All this to say we were paying around $130-$150 a month which was ridiculous.. just don't do what my mother did, fight back if you feel it's too much money. But I'd wait a couple of more months and I would threaten to transfer to either Telus or Bell and mention the new HSPA network once it launches.
    10-10-09 07:45 PM
    I had been with Rogers for 1 and a half years when I called Retentions over the summer. They pretty much laughed at me and said they would cancel my phone early but at $25/month left remaining in my contract. Needless to say that shut me up. I think I had too much time remaining on my contract for retentions to take me seriously. Those with a year or less remaining on their contracts, and those with long relationships with Rogers will get the best deals from Rogers.

Since then I was lucky enough to start working for a company that offers corporate plans with Rogers. The business agent I spoke to was one of the few nice people that work at Rogers and offered me a pretty good deal. So I lucked out in the end.

Not really the subject of this forum but can anyone confirm if this is true.
    When I changed my account over to a corporate account, the agent I spoke to said that corporate clients are allowed for product upgrades every year, not every two years like all other smart phone users. I'm not due for a product upgrade until end of December but she offered me an upgrade to the Bold right away provided I sign a new contact. I declined as I'm waiting for the Bold9700.
    10-11-09 11:13 AM
    i think it's all who you talk to! i bought my 8900 in feb of this year and i called to "cancel" a couple of times and now i have a 25 credit each month on my `account
    10-11-09 12:17 PM
    That may be true, but usually it depends on who long the customer has been with the company and they're payment patterns.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 01:21 PM
    i think it's all who you talk to! i bought my 8900 in feb of this year and i called to "cancel" a couple of times and now i have a 25 credit each month on my `account
    Details please. i've only had mine since May, but I may call around January to see if I can land a discount. My current bill is $68 a month, always paid on time.

$17.50 -200 Min
    $35 Data plan.
    10-12-09 11:33 PM
    this is what i have
    BlackBerry Student Plan - $50.00

Unlimited Eve/Wknd Minutes
    6pm Early Evenings
    50 Bonus minutes
    200 Weekday Minutes

Additional Services
    Call Forward/Trans.Pay Per Use
    1000 Picture or Video Msgs.
    2500 Sent/Unl. Received Txt
    BlackBerry (BIS) Svc 500MB - term expires on 22/08/2012
    MY5 + 5 Add'l Numbers Bonus
    Windsor/Detroit Rate Following

Additional Charges**
    System Access Fee - $6.95 - Monthly
    9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee - $0.50 - Monthly

Discount(s)
    Monthly Plan Credit 3 Yr - To be removed on 30/01/2012
    Monthly Plan Credit 3 Yr - To be removed on 21/08/2012
    33.3% Disc VMail to Text

my bill is 40 plus the SAF and taxes, because of my 25 buck credit a month off
    10-13-09 11:13 AM
    this is what i have
    BlackBerry Student Plan - $50.00

Unlimited Eve/Wknd Minutes
    6pm Early Evenings
    50 Bonus minutes
    200 Weekday Minutes

Additional Services
    Call Forward/Trans.Pay Per Use
    1000 Picture or Video Msgs.
    2500 Sent/Unl. Received Txt
    BlackBerry (BIS) Svc 500MB - term expires on 22/08/2012
    MY5 + 5 Add'l Numbers Bonus
    Windsor/Detroit Rate Following

Additional Charges**
    System Access Fee - $6.95 - Monthly
    9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee - $0.50 - Monthly

Discount(s)
    Monthly Plan Credit 3 Yr - To be removed on 30/01/2012
    Monthly Plan Credit 3 Yr - To be removed on 21/08/2012
    33.3% Disc VMail to Text

my bill is 40 plus the SAF and taxes, because of my 25 buck credit a month off
    So how did you manage to get that? Long time customer?
    10-14-09 11:09 PM
    Nope, just started my plan feb 09, I just called in a couple of times and "pretend" to cancel, it took me a couple of times to get me the right rep that would help/give me a deal nut the wait paid off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD