Hi,

I'm a new to BlackBerry and new to this forum. I have used the search function but I still cannot find the answer I'm looking for.

I currently own a Storm 9530 with v4.7.0.151.

There are a few things that puzzle me:
    1) my phone will make a 2-low tone beep at 2am EVERY morning. I have checked EVERY single application, notification, setting, sound, and everything and cannot figure out why.
    2) even if I have my phone on SILENT or VIBRATE, my custom contact alerts will still ring.
    3) how do I sent a default email so when I create a new email message, it uses that address to send an email?

I bet a lot of these are fixed in the new versions, but I have been too lazy to do it lately. Maybe I will do it at work tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Jayson
    10-09-09 03:04 PM
    As for the silent and vibrate issues, you actually have to go into the profiles and make sure everything is set up the way you want them to be respectively, and make sure you SAVE the settings.

For the default email issue from what I comprehend, you have to go into the email setup application and register your email address from there, I'm not really sure if that's what you're asking or not. But to compose a message simply go to the email folder or the messages folder and hit compose email from the menu or the shortcut at the bottom left of the toolbar if I'm not mistaken.
    10-09-09 03:22 PM
    To set the default email address, go to options->advanced options->default services. Under Messaging, change it to the address you want.
    10-09-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks PJnc284, that works!

Anyone figured out the beeping at 2am? All I hear is a low "doot doot" at EXACTLY 2am every night.
    10-09-09 07:51 PM
    Thanks PJnc284, that works!

Anyone figured out the beeping at 2am? All I hear is a low "doot doot" at EXACTLY 2am every night.
    I would guess you have a reoccuring alarm or appointment set in your calendar. Check you calendar. An alarm will be displayed as a thin line. You may have to extend the "Start of day"/"End of day" times to see it though. This can be done in the calendar, BB button > Options > General Options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD