Hey guys after a while of using my curve and loving it, i finally buckled and got a new storm last week. As of now, i am loving it with no issues or anything of the sort. I am on this site a lot reading about everything you guys talk about and i am impressed! You guys know your **** for sure. lol.

Anyhow, i was wondering if someone could walk me through the whole updating my OS thing. I see a lot of people are running OS 5.0 which is a beta? and most people are loving it so i would like to give it a shot. I have BB manager on my Mac and it has worked great for uploading music, pictures and contacts from one to the other. Do i need to use it to update the OS?

Also, any other tips and tricks to make this thing better would be great!! Thanks in advance for all your help.
    10-09-09 02:01 PM
    i'm sorta new to the blackberry storm too but heres what i can tell u about the new OS. It runs really smooth and has a buttload of new features but something like half the apps you can't run because the OS crashes. Oh and camera doesnt work. Ive considered it but idt im gunna get the new OS
    10-09-09 02:13 PM
    You can probably find what you are looking for here http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/
    10-09-09 02:18 PM
    So if i go to 5.0 the camera doesn't work at all? lol thats no good.
    10-09-09 02:22 PM
    There is a sticky thread in the OS Discussion sub forum, that explains the key differences and issues with 5.0. The camera probablem is only on 5.0.0.191 it's fixed in the latest leak 5.0.0.230.

I use OS 4.7.167 which is the latest leaked 4.7.
    10-09-09 02:31 PM
    Go to .151 it is by far the best. Everything works with it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 02:33 PM
    Good question and I did follow the link mentioned above, thanks. But, I think I'm in the same shoes as Irishguy. There is just so much info on here and most of the people know so much that for a newbie, these discussions can be a little overwhelming and/or confusing....and the thought of screwing up your phone can be a little scary as well. And I know, with some research and reading, we can figure out what you're saying but for many newbies, I don't think they are anywhere close to understanding most of these discussions.....any chance of making a newbie section - kind of like a how to get the most of your BB for dummies? Maybe a beginners guide?
    10-09-09 02:38 PM
    Yea 151 is highly recommended no version handles memory as well as 151.

I have edited the title a bit and will move this to OS Discussion!

Good question and I did follow the link mentioned above, thanks. But, I think I'm in the same shoes as Irishguy. There is just so much info on here and most of the people know so much that for a newbie, these discussions can be a little overwhelming and/or confusing....and the thought of screwing up your phone can be a little scary as well. And I know, with some research and reading, we can figure out what you're saying but for many newbies, I don't think they are anywhere close to understanding most of these discussions.....any chance of making a newbie section - kind of like a how to get the most of your BB for dummies? Maybe a beginners guide?
    Click on Blackberry Help, on the CB Menubar, then select BB 101 Lecture Series, that's our beginner guide. Also there is a thread in the main Storm Forum called Ask T.H.e Council, where a group of our members help new members right in the thread.
    10-09-09 02:41 PM
    Yea 151 is highly recommended no version handles memory as well as 151.

I have edited the title a bit and will move this to OS Discussion!

Click on Blackberry Help, on the CB Menubar, then select BB 101 Lecture Series, that's our beginner guide. Also there is a thread in the main Storm Forum called Ask T.H.e Council, where a group of our members help new members right in the thread.
    Thank you very much. I'll have to look at those.

BTW, I just looked and there is a lot of info there. So, I'll be back with some questions in about a week. Thanks again.
    Last edited by rrkman; 10-09-09 at 02:47 PM.
    10-09-09 02:45 PM
    Yes, RRK i completely agree with you. It's pretty over whelming! If i go to that link posted (i briefly looked at it) is there a link where i can download the new patch there? Im sorry for so many questions! And that you for being so helpful!!
    10-09-09 02:54 PM
    I am downloading the new .230 full i believe right now. As i stated, i am on a Mac... i downloaded the new black berry desktop manager from their site which i am assuming is the newest version. Do i just use this to put .230 on my phone?
    10-09-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD