Been using 5.0.230 for a few days now and absolutely loving the speed and threaded texting. However, lately my Tour has been locking up a lot randomly so i'm having to do about 10 battery pulls a day. The only software I really have installed is the official BBM, Berryweather, Poynt, App World, and Opera Mini. I know its beta software so its to be expected but is anyone else having similar problems or have any advice for me? I've wiped the phone a couple times but it didn't make a noticeable difference. Lots of people are saying that .230 is working fine for them so I figured id ask. Thanks!
    10-09-09 01:46 PM
    Sometimes Facebook freezes for 10-15 seconds. Otherwise, I haven't experienced any freezing.
    10-09-09 02:05 PM
    This is why I never install ( un-official ) OS since it may be unstable or bugged no matter how great the new features may be.. I guess I got patience
    10-09-09 02:06 PM
    yeah theres plenty of bugs in the 5.0 OS still... A LOT of little bugs... but thats why there not official yet... were just gonna have to stick it out as far as the bugs go and since we downloaded 5.0 but doing 10 battery pulls a day is not right. somethign is wrong if you have to do 10 battey pulls a day.
    10-09-09 02:09 PM
    But, real question, is it any more buggy than 4.7.X? I think 5.0.0.230 is less buggy but YMMV.
    10-09-09 02:13 PM
    I had the same problem, removed App world and my BB was flying again !

Try removing app world and just download from normal OTA links.

David
    10-09-09 02:16 PM
    BEFORE loading .230, I was having to do 10 battery pulls a day! In addition, I kept getting the .552 error with the white screen.

Since downloading the 5.0 unofficial software, I have not lost ANY data, no white screens, no restoring, and no battery pulls. Also, I have not experienced the freezing you are talking about.

If you upgraded from a hybrid to the new unofficial .230, you might be experiencing problems. I upgraded from the last official blackberry OS 4.7. To be honest, before I upgraded to 5.0, I was very disappointed with my Blackberry Tour. Now I am loving it!

It might be another issue with your Tour.
    Last edited by rockys57; 10-09-09 at 02:22 PM.
    10-09-09 02:19 PM
    I did upgrade from the official Sprint 4.7 and not a hybrid build. When using 4.7 I rarely ever had to do a battery pull so I don't think I have a hardware problem. I did remove Blackberry App World and hopefully that fixes things, i'm keeping my fingers crossed lol. Thanks for the feedback guys!
    10-09-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD