Downloaded the new bb messenger on my phone and it works great. Tried to download it on my fiance's storm and when I first go to it and have to view the License Agreement, it will not let me click on 'I Agree' or 'I Do Not Agree'. I am able to push it in and see it light up, but it will not register as clicking on it, so I am unable to get past this screen.
    I know it is not the screen itself as if works on any other program. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and pulling the battery but nothing seems to work.
    Is there a way to find the old version and install that again so she can at least have it on her phone? Thanks in advance.
    10-09-09 01:01 PM
    You can download the 4.7 messenger at bbhybrids.com in the OTA section
    10-09-09 02:11 PM
    Which version did you download? 5.0.0.8 or .33? Did you try clicking the BB button then accept with the bb button again?

Maybe you need to enable/disable compatibility mode?
    10-09-09 03:06 PM
    I have had the same problem also, what happened was I downloaded the version from blackberry.com/messenger. Apparently that was the problem, so I deleted that one and got the messenger off AppWorld. For some reason it appears that the AppWorld version is .33 and the one off their site is only .3. That is how I solved that problem.
    10-09-09 03:57 PM
    Downloaded the new bb messenger on my phone and it works great. Tried to download it on my fiance's storm and when I first go to it and have to view the License Agreement, it will not let me click on 'I Agree' or 'I Do Not Agree'. I am able to push it in and see it light up, but it will not register as clicking on it, so I am unable to get past this screen.
    I know it is not the screen itself as if works on any other program. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and pulling the battery but nothing seems to work.
    Is there a way to find the old version and install that again so she can at least have it on her phone? Thanks in advance.
    I had this happen to me as well. First, (if you haven't already) try pushing 'I Accept' while it's in landscape mode. If this doesn't work, write down all BBM contacts and their PIN's, uninstall the older version of BBM, and reinstall the newest version. You will lose all BBM contacts but that worked for me.

Edit: I was downloading from App World also..
    10-09-09 03:58 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I've tried all of the suggestions and nothing works. The closest it came to working was uninstalling it and doing a few battery pulls; upon doing a fresh install of 5.0.33 it immediately opened up without prompting me for the license agreement. So I was able to use for it a while and then make the mistake of closing it down. Now when I try to re-open it, it is stuck at the license agreement again. Makes no sense. If anyone has any other suggestions, that'd be great otherwise back to 4.7 I go..
    10-13-09 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD