Here's my problem and hoping someone can help me:

I would like to get the new BB messenger 5.0 on my Bold but the BB App World is blocked by IT Policies.

Is there any way I can download the application on my computer and install it throught desktop manager?

The use of Messenger is permitted so I just want the latest version.

Any suggestions?
    10-09-09 09:01 AM
    from you blackberry's browser... go to:

www . blackberrry.com/send/messenger (take out the spaces in this URL)

and you can download from there OTA (no need to plug into a computer)
    10-09-09 09:04 AM
    I've tried that and I gt the message:
    The IT Policy does not allow downloading third-party applications.

I'm wondering if I can download the exe and load it through desktop manager?
    10-09-09 09:14 AM
    m.blackberry.com

you will be able to click on a link that says blackberry messenger and download it from there.
    10-09-09 09:14 AM
    ota....ota from blackberry.com
    10-09-09 09:15 AM
    Your IT department will know what you're trying to do, some companies consider this a breach of security as your trying to go past their firewall. This can land some in big trouble...
    10-09-09 09:17 AM
    I'm blocked doing it OTA.
    10-09-09 09:17 AM
    SevereDeceit is right...you probably shouldnt go around your ITs firewall...you could loose your job. Is BBM really worth that in this economy? Maybe talk to your IT guy and see if he would do it for you.
    10-09-09 09:18 AM
    My company allows the use of Messenger so I don't see upgrading the app to a new release as a breach of policy.

I am in the IT Dep but the person responsible for this is off for a few weeks. Thought I'd figure it outmyself.
    10-09-09 09:19 AM
    Thanks everyone for your help...I guess I'll wait for the person to came back...
    10-09-09 09:22 AM
    My company allows the use of Messenger so I don't see upgrading the app to a new release as a breach of policy.
    absolutely it is. if your work network is running on windows xp, do you think your IT guy would be cool with you updating your computer to vista? it's the newest version, after all.

the controls are in place for a reason.
    10-09-09 09:34 AM
    they might have an issue with the "save" option in bbm 5.0.... i was told that through BB desktop manager, they do announce that bbm 5.0 popped up and could be installed that way... not sure, never tried it...
    10-09-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD