Ok, I looked at all older posts and everything listed, isn't working.

My SIL downloaded BBM 5.0 before realizing that her OS needed to be 4.5. Well, she lost BBM, it's not even in the app list. Her OS is 4.3 and she is with sprint. I have BM on my computer but I have a BB with ATT and it's version 5.0. Please, someone help. It's driving me crazy trying to fix her phone!
    10-09-09 08:17 AM
    You can do one of two things, upgrade her os and restore bbm that way or download her current os and restore bbm that way. I suggest upgrading her phone to 4.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 08:26 AM
    I would upgrade the device to version 4.5
    10-09-09 08:27 AM
    Update her BB to 4.5 then reinstall BBM. Or revert back to BBM 4.6 http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/bbm.jad
    10-09-09 08:28 AM
    Does your SIL live on the opposite coast, or anywhere out of easy driving range? Then you have a problem.

You broke it, you need to fix it, unless she is technically competent, or has friends that are.

Fortunatly, we no longer have to advise, Use Windows, our Macintosh bros can now handle the job too.

I am surprised App World allowed the mismatched install to proceed, but when it goes wrong OTA.
    10-09-09 10:48 AM
    Whoa-it's not that serious....this happened to two of my friends. One had the same deal, where she downloaded BBM 5.0 when she had OS 4.3 (which yes i dont understand why it allows you to DL it if they are not compatible-it should promp you to not be allowed to and to upgrade your OS). He bbm was missing when she rebooted...keep in mind she is on the opposite coast of me...i explained to her to use blackberry desktop manager (which she also had never used) to upgrade her OS-you can get youtube videos that show you exactly how to do it. She upgraded the OS, and her BBM was back-however, you will lose all your contacts
    10-09-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD