Hi All

First thread with crackberry so please take it easy on me, lol, im not sure if this should be in this section or not. Basically....

Loving the new BBM 5.0!! (just thought I would add that)

Previously I updated the phones firmware to the leaked 5.0 a few months ago (can’t remember version) but no apps worked, such as Facebook, and I downgraded back to 4.6.0.216. Since I’ve moved from Tmob to O2 and would like to wipe the device completely and upgrade it to the O2 official firmware. although when I download this from RIM and run the install. The desktop manager does not pick up this new O2 version, I think it’s 4.6.0.266.

Only the current 4.6.0.216 tmob firmware is showing in DM. (im using a PC)

Could someone advise how to completely wipe the current firmware off my device so I get rid of all the mobile settings on there and then install this o2 software on there from scratch? Alternatively should if I could do a clean install of a newer leaked version of OS 5.0, as I have seen that the apps are now working i.e Facebook etc.. although will BBM 5 work with OS 5.0?

Thanks in advance for all responses.
    10-09-09 03:46 AM
    Hi All

First thread with crackberry so please take it easy on me, lol, im not sure if this should be in this section or not. Basically....

Loving the new BBM 5.0!! (just thought I would add that)

Previously I updated the phones firmware to the leaked 5.0 a few months ago (can’t remember version) but no apps worked, such as Facebook, and I downgraded back to 4.6.0.216. Since I’ve moved from Tmob to O2 and would like to wipe the device completely and upgrade it to the O2 official firmware. although when I download this from RIM and run the install. The desktop manager does not pick up this new O2 version, I think it’s 4.6.0.266.

Only the current 4.6.0.216 tmob firmware is showing in DM. (im using a PC)

Could someone advise how to completely wipe the current firmware off my device so I get rid of all the mobile settings on there and then install this o2 software on there from scratch? Alternatively should if I could do a clean install of a newer leaked version of OS 5.0, as I have seen that the apps are now working i.e Facebook etc.. although will BBM 5 work with OS 5.0?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

All of the above questions have been covered many many times in this forum and a simple search will turn up the questions you require.

But very very briefly..

BBSAK will easly wipe your device and reload OS but will not debrand it.

OS 5 V.238 build more or less everything works including latest BBM 5
    10-09-09 04:05 AM
    Thanks for the reply i will check that out, so basically i cannot get rid of the tmobile startup logo in any way??
    10-09-09 04:21 AM
    You can do but the risk of doing so far far outweighs the reward as its not as simple as wiping the OS.
    10-09-09 04:23 AM
    thanks for clearing that up montage,

can any one assist with getting the 4.6.0.216 removed so 4.6.0.266 is recognised?

ive deleted the installs from the loader folder and removed and reinstalled DM? it still doesnt pic up the .266 version?
    10-09-09 07:17 AM
    You need to delete vendor.xml file for it to show up. Search pc for it... It should in users-commonfiles-researchinmotion-....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 07:20 AM
    ive deleted that and still no joy, i will double check tonight and post back if i have no joy. thanks for your help
    10-09-09 07:41 AM
    thanks thats great
    10-12-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD