ok so im running into some difficulties with having both of these.

so i go to "invite contact" on my bbm and type in one of my friends phone numbers who doesnt have a blackberry under the sms option. Whenever i send an sms using bbm to my friend it shows up that i have an unread sms message. in other words when i send an sms using bbm the contacts name is bold. when i receive an sms from them the name is no longer bold. im trying to say that everything seems to be inverted regarding the sms side of bbm. however when i send a bbm everything is fine.

anyone else having this problem?
    10-09-09 12:16 AM
    BBM and SMS are two different things aren't they?
    10-09-09 01:26 AM
    with OS 5.0 you are abel to combine it into one
    10-09-09 06:19 AM
    I'm having the same exact issue on my tour. So I just keep all of my sms coNtacts separate for now. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to the sms integration

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 09:03 AM
    I had the issue as well and I am too are keeping them seperate. As a matter of fact I had some open chats with bbm contacts when I upgraded and after it was all said and done those automatically turned into sms messages. Then when I tried to delete them it would just delete the last sms in the thread but not end the conversation. Very annoying... but expected in an unofficial release.

So yes, seperate for now.
    10-09-09 09:58 AM
    yeah same i just separated them so i guess ill just wait for another leak or the official release of 5.0 to fix this
    10-09-09 10:12 AM
    In OS 5.0 You have threaded text messaging and in BBM 5 you can import you sms contacts into BBM 5 so you can have threaded text. To me this is pointless, but thats me. I leave my sms contact go into the SMS / MMS box and my BBM contacts in my BBM & email go into my message box.
    10-09-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD