Nuance has a software that converts speech into text. I tried jott but didnt work to well. Does anyone have any information on this Nuance software. I saw it on you tube for everyones information.
    05-02-08 10:59 PM
    If You Find Any Let Me Know
    04-12-09 02:49 PM
    What about Vlingo? You can create text messages via voice with Vlingo.
    04-12-09 05:41 PM
    + 1 for vlingo. It works surprisingly well for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 05:49 PM
    +2 for vlingo. This thing is a life saver. Sending email and text while driving instead of typing. Takes some getting used to, once you are, its great

+ 1 for vlingo. It works surprisingly well for me.

04-12-09 06:15 PM
    + 3 for vlingo, use it all the time without any problems

04-12-09 06:23 PM
    +4. Its pretty accurate also

04-12-09 06:41 PM
    +5 I agree vlingo works very well

04-12-09 08:17 PM
    I agree about vlingo.

The odd thing is that nuance is the supplier of the voice dialing software for my Bold. given that they are the leading speech-to-text developer for pc's, it is odd that they haven't put out a mobile version
    04-12-09 08:23 PM
    For people with vlingo. Does it work well with background noise? Such as driving with the window cracked? Or in a loud truck?

04-12-09 09:24 PM
    I use vlingo with my car stereo on and it is still pretty accurate, so it doesn't seem to be an issue.

04-12-09 09:27 PM
    +6 for Vlingo, loaded it today after reading this post...takes a little getting used to, but it is awesome...
    04-12-09 10:04 PM
    +I've lost count for vlingo. Even use the note to self to paste on BBM.
    04-12-09 10:11 PM
    Were can i down load app thanks

04-12-09 10:11 PM
    04-12-09 10:47 PM
    Cool app but it has a hard time understanding my Aussie accent. When texting I say something along the lines of "Hi goose, how's it going?" and instead, "call goose is it going comes up." LOL
    04-13-09 04:42 AM
    After viewing the Nuance VSuite site it looks like it should support the text-to-speech. Maybe this is only in v3.
    05-27-09 09:18 PM
    -1 for Vlingo, i couldn't get it to work too well for me...idk, maybe i'll pick it back up one day
    05-27-09 09:26 PM
    Maybe I talk funny or somethin cuz Vlingo didn't work so well for me

05-28-09 01:55 AM
    Vlingo is not perfect, that's for sure. But it also takes time for it to learn your speech patterns, and the more naturally you talk the better it works. It also takes some time to remember to say your punctuation. After a while I start to fear saying it in the next normal convo. But as I've gotten better at typing on my Pearl without looking, I find I use it less and less. It's mostly a handy tool to do Google searches now. If it was integrated into BBM, I would use it much more. Using cut and paste, it works, but so does voicenotes for that matter.
    05-28-09 03:56 AM
    Guys found a cool TTS (text to voice) application in App World today, I guess its a very recent addition .. called mailTalk by Maildover (?) go to BB App World, under productivity and utilities->on the go productivity, or just search for "mail" ...

The GUI is not state of the art but it works nicely for me, I have Storm, Verizon .. you can choose either auto mode where it reads every new email as it comes, or manual mode where you invoke it when u want. Choose either make or female voice, female voice sounds kinda German?? anyway have fun .. its nice when u driving the car or walking etc, may help also people having troubles reading the small print
    07-01-09 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD