When I am making a call on my Storm. the people I'm talking to say I sound muffled, almost like the teacher in the old Charlie Brown cartoons!...almost everyone I talk to tells me the same thing... I called Verizon and they said they will try to troubleshoot the problem by going into the options menu and having me tweak some things?...this is my 3rd Storm (just got the refurb last week) and its becoming annoying... I like the Storm very much when it works... Anyone else have the muffled voice issue? and can Verizon "fix" it by tweaking a few settings on the phone?...
    10-08-09 04:54 PM
    are you using OS.230? and have you tried lowing your volume?

check to see if you can find any goodies in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/yo...uffled-271150/
    10-08-09 04:58 PM
    Hahahahah charlie brown lol

Do you pull the phone away from your face when you're talking? I tend to do that. When I say pull away I mean angle the phone away from your head.

Also, the mic is on top of the phone. If you are covering the top with your hand or finger that could also cause the problem.
    10-08-09 05:07 PM
    Hahahahah charlie brown lol

Do you pull the phone away from your face when you're talking? I tend to do that. When I say pull away I mean angle the phone away from your head.

Also, the mic is on top of the phone. If you are covering the top with your hand or finger that could also cause the problem.

you must be holding it upside down. The mic is on the bottom left of the phone.
    10-08-09 05:35 PM
    You aren't using an Otterbox case, are you?
    10-08-09 07:02 PM
    nope...no case...when I use the headphones that came with the Storm. all is fine...but when just talking with the phone by my ear...muffled
    10-08-09 08:56 PM
    Finally went to Verizon store and had rep call my phone...he couldnt understand a word i was saying...ended up replacing the Storm (3rd one since May 09!)...all is well...for now!....
    10-10-09 11:58 AM
    i fixed my muffled sound by taking my bb apart,then where the mic hole is on the bottom i took a paper clip & punched it thru that hole for some odd reason its a piece of black rubber in the bottom of the housing once i punched it out every1 says i sounds crystal clear. i have the bb bold so try it it shoud fix the problem.
    10-15-09 03:47 PM
    I just dropped my phone off for being muffled. Its going to take them an hour to diagnose it.
    10-15-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD