I am pretty good with tech, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get a dvd onto my BB. The current programs I have on my computer are DVD Shrink, DVD Decryptor, and BB media manager. Is there a free on step program in which I can just slap a dvd in and have it copy for a good video on my BB. or a way to convert an ISO image file to be compatable for BB media player.
    Last edited by tmag2005; 08-03-07 at 12:39 PM.
    08-03-07 12:23 PM
    Download a program called SUPER. You can find it at videohelp.com

This is a free tool that will do any conversion.
    08-03-07 12:34 PM
    Using DVD Shrink or DVD Decryptor should do it. Get it into a nice small .avi (or similar) type file, and then use Desktop Manager (Media Manager, Roxio) to copy it to the device...

Also, check here; albeit, it's not free...
    08-03-07 12:37 PM
    My problems is that DVD shrink can only produce an iso image file, right?? So I need something to convert it to an .avi file so that I can watch it on the BB.

Also johnnyutah, I could not find that program you where talking about could you pm me a direct link or give me more info.

Thanks.
    08-03-07 12:55 PM
    I just went to the videohelp.com website, did a search for Super and there it was. Can't wait to try it.
    08-03-07 01:26 PM
    Ok I downloaded Super and i put an iso image file in the box and it keeps telling me error. Could you please tell me how (fairly detailed) to copy a DVD to a compatable format for the Curve. Thanks.
    08-03-07 04:28 PM
    1st, use Dvd Decrypter or Dvdfab Decrypter to rip the dvd, don't make an iso, do a full rip with the resulting video_ts folder. Point Super to the resulting vob files in the video_ts folder to convert it to an avi or mp4, it will be smaller and take up less room. After that, drop the avi or mp4 in the media manager.
    08-04-07 11:47 AM
    If I have movies converted for the ipod (mp4) already then it will work in the BB? What about .wmv format that i've converted for use in a zune? Will those play in the BB?
    08-07-07 07:31 AM
    I just spent three days trying different trial versions to put dvd movies on my curve and i finally figured it out yesterday.....DVD media studio 3.0 for smartphone.....was the easiest way to do it.....cost me $29.00 online, but was worth it. I ripped an entire movie (213mb) in about 40mins.....just put your movie in your computer, open DVD media studio 3.0 for smartphone, and follow the steps. It will put the movie on your desktop. Connect your BB to your computer, open Windows Explorer, and drag the movie to your BB videos file, thats it!!! Make sure you set your BB Media card (under options) to "enable Mass storage mode when connected" (yes) so your computer can show your BB as a drive: in My Computer. Good Luck!

P.S. BB Curve (8320) will play mp4 and 3gp videos
    03-23-08 08:06 AM
    Ive been using Blackberry Video Converter. It is free. I tried Ultra Mobile 3GP Video and was not impressed.

What I like about it:

1) lets you choose resolution and quality levels.
    2) uses LAME to give a volume increase
    3) fairly easy to use
    4) Lets you take advantage of the whole BB screen in 16:9 only cutting off a tiny bit compared to other programs.
    5) lets you convert a whole DVD with no problems.

Available at: Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter

Did I mention free?
    Last edited by JF7FSU; 03-23-08 at 09:04 AM.
    03-23-08 08:59 AM
    I tried Super and a bunch of other "freeware" apps with limited success. I guess it helps to explain my needs in more detail. I was looking for something that I can just click a button and go.

My search led me to the Cucusoft Ultimate DVD & Converter Suite and I loved it! Other than having to find a codec for FLV files (for proper conversion), it has ran trouble free.

For DVD's, it does a "quick scan" through all the crap in the beginning (e.g., FBI warning, previews) and then takes you to the main menu. From there, you can convert any chapter or episode (if it's, for example, a Simpsons DVD) or you can choose the entire movie. There are multiple formats to choose from for conversion. I created a custom .3GP profile so I can adjust the bitrate a bit to fit the Curve's playback mode. (This solved some minor syncing issues).

There is also an option for adjust the quality of the output if you want to trim the file size. I find the "middle" of the slider is a nice fit.

So, with the new profile, I pop in the DVD, select my profile, and rip away!

Another product I purchased before finding the codec for the FLV format for Cucusoft was the Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter. I got the link from the videos4blackberry.info site (an absolutely EXCELLENT site for BB vids!). Despite having Cucusoft, I bought this software as well. So, I guess you can say that I have all the bases covered.

My attitude is if you find something that works and it doesn't cost too much, it's worth it to make the purchase.

I have nothing against the freeware stuff, but I've always had to tweak around with any of them to get them to "basically" work with mixed results. Since I don't have that kind of time, I opted for the software mentioned above.

Hope that helps!
    03-23-08 08:59 AM
    IMG BURN is the follow-on to DVD Decryptor. I haven't used IMG BURN for movies to put on my Curve, but it was great for burning DVD's.
    03-23-08 09:31 AM
    The best program out there is clone dvd mobile, hands down! Give it a try go to slysoft.com for a 31 day try out, and hit me back with the feed back. U will have to use where it say pearl, its under the same op. System for curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 10:48 AM
    Ive been using Blackberry Video Converter. It is free. I tried Ultra Mobile 3GP Video and was not impressed.

What I like about it:

3) fairly easy to use
    4) Lets you take advantage of the whole BB screen in 16:9 only cutting off a tiny bit compared to other programs.

Did I mention free?
    did you select pearl or 8800 for your curve?
    03-23-08 11:39 AM

What I like about it:

3) fairly easy to use

Did I mention free?
    When I went to the above site it says this program will not work with Verizon's 8830. Now What????
    03-23-08 12:12 PM

What I like about it:

3) fairly easy to use

Did I mention free?
    Based off this recommendation I downloaded the program and it shrunk the entire movie to about 205mb and it played no problem on the BB! I selected the screen settings for the Pearl, which I assume doesn't have as wide of a screen. The video is still completely viewable though!
    03-23-08 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD