View Poll Results: which browser do you like better?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • opera mini is awesome and fast! (but i sometimes use bb browser)

9 27.27%
  • bolt 1.5 is awesome and fast!(but i sometimes use bb browser)

12 36.36%
  • I use mix of them all!!

5 15.15%
  • I just use bb browser!

7 21.21%
    which one of these do you perfer and why?
    what makes one better then the other?
    I like opera mini myself cause i can do my on line banking with ease unlike bolt 1.5 i just download yesterday it was so hard to use i had to deleted it!!
    what browser do you use?
    10-08-09 12:07 PM
    I personally use Opera Mini, but that is because I've had it forever and I'm much more familiar with it. I have been playing with Bolt, though, and I do like it so far!
    10-08-09 12:10 PM
    I personally use Opera Mini, but that is because I've had it forever and I'm much more familiar with it. I have been playing with Bolt, though, and I do like it so far!
    I tried bolt 1.5 yesterday and it was so much hassle to get into my on line banking site i just deleted!
    i use to run opera mini 5 b4 when i had os .167 and snice i upgraded to os 5.230 i have not downloaded it but i think igoing to do that now
    10-08-09 12:13 PM
    I tried bolt 1.5 yesterday and it was so much hassle to get into my on line banking site i just deleted!
    i use to run opera mini 5 b4 when i had os .167 and snice i upgraded to os 5.230 i have not downloaded it but i think igoing to do that now
    How is Opera Mini 5? Is there a large difference over the current version?
    10-08-09 12:17 PM
    Opera Mini 5 Beta here. Bolt 1.5 is better than its Beta version, but Opera still renders pages faster. Opera works better with the Storm also.
    10-08-09 12:20 PM
    I perfer Bolt 1.5. I like the UI better.
    10-08-09 12:22 PM
    Personally i prefered the opera mini than bolt, navigation was easier for me. downloaded bolt yesterday and just did not like the way it was set up. Currenly using the bb browser. Upgraded to .230 and could not use opera, would load but can't load any web pages ....o well.
    10-08-09 12:38 PM
    neither.

Opera Mini 5 Beta navigation is horrible
    Bolt is just slow.

People seem to be drawn in by the flashy UI and over look the obivous navigation and speed flaww
    10-08-09 12:41 PM
    I loaded both yesterday and feel Bolt loads pages faster ( on wifi with 8900). But that is just my .02 so far ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 12:42 PM
    They both have issues. Bolt is too hard to get that stupid little mouse where u want it to click on anything and Opera has a problem where it won't go to the website after u type the url when u hit enter. The native browser is still the best...unfortunately.
    10-08-09 04:15 PM
    I like Bolt, and 1.5 is slick.
    10-08-09 04:26 PM
    I think navigation on OperaMini is better, but I like the BlackBerry key integration of Bolt. I also found that some of the websites I access use pop-up logins and OM had problems with the pop-ups. Bolt didn't have the pop-up problems. Plus, the ability to go into edit mode on a text field (so I can copy/paste) is a real plus.

I tried OM5-Beta and some of the sites I normally access had links that weren't recognized as links (even a couple of login buttons with no way to click them). I know it is beta, so hopefully this will be addressed as it progresses.

I also like how OM5-Beta is now a signed app, so you don't get the permission question every time you start it up. Hopefully Bolt will become a signed app as well.
    10-08-09 05:21 PM
    neither.

Opera Mini 5 Beta navigation is horrible
    Bolt is just slow.

People seem to be drawn in by the flashy UI and over look the obivous navigation and speed flaww
    I'm going to assume your not suggesting that the bb browser is faster....

I use bolt 1.5 and the browser if I'm Dl'ing a theme or something like that. I tried Opera 5 but it was just too bulky for me for lack of a better word.
    10-08-09 06:24 PM
    I'm going to assume your not suggesting that the bb browser is faster....

I use bolt 1.5 and the browser if I'm Dl'ing a theme or something like that. I tried Opera 5 but it was just too bulky for me for lack of a better word.
    the bb browser is faster depending on the site. opera mini 4, is the better browser out of all of them. If FireFox took the bb browser and renamed it to FireFox Mini... majority of all BB users would swear its the best. Its just basic hype. Its like Google Chrome for 2 mons everyone swore that Chrome was the best browser, now find me someone who still uses it regularly.

I've tried all the browsers for the BB and the native one still is better Opera Mini 4 has an edge with speed but, the native loads javascript and pages fine in most cases. my only gripe about the native browser is having to switch the browser ident from blackberry to internet explorer when sites dont load. wish there was a quick shortcut.
    10-08-09 06:49 PM
    Tried them all 3. Bolt was so far the most fast to load a page but I felt more comfortable with using opera 4, it was the more user friendly of the two IMO. Opera 5 beta had too many bugs, deleted a few mins after install. I'm sticking with Opera 4.2.

10-08-09 09:46 PM
    i still liking opera 5 every though they got a bunch of bugs to work out
    10-13-09 01:40 PM
    I like bolt
    10-13-09 01:45 PM
    The default brrowser is what I use. I keep BOLT 1.5 on my phone as a backup but I deleted OM 5 bete because the UI is such a pain in the xxx on a BlackBerry.

Why they cannot make a browser that woks like any other BlackBerry app, I do not know.

For me, it is BOLT all the way.

10-13-09 01:48 PM
    I couldn't use bolt it crashed my 8130. So I went back to opera mini. It seems more stable.

10-13-09 02:49 PM
    The new version of Opera Mini 4.2. Works very well for me.

10-13-09 11:18 PM
    Depending on the circumstances, I use all 3 browsers.

For general surfing and such, the BB browser does just fine for me.

But, if I need details, or access to certain accounts, one of the others comes into play. Bolt has improved much since the first download I started with, but has improved substantially.

Opera Mini is more of a case of 'If the other two fail' type of thing.

And since Opera doesn't have copy and paste, I find it irritating for spome of the things I do.

10-13-09 11:31 PM
    om5 deleted, too laggy. om4.2 is still the king. bolt 1.5 laggy and froze up to many times.
    10-14-09 10:47 AM
    The only thing. I don't like is there no options to pick btw BB broswer and opera 5 when opening links in sms or twitter

10-14-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD