There�s a new thin client version of Skype out in a closed beta test group since mid May. Does anyone know if the beta test is done and if it�s available for the general community now? Also, has anyone downloaded it to a Blackberry (not an iPhone)? If so, let me know how it�s been working and if there have been any problems.

Has anyone tried using Skype for Business in the office? Any issues or concerns I should know about?

We�ve got a small international sales group that uses the standard Skype software on their laptops along with webcams. They love it and costs are pretty low. There�s been more talk of it now, so thus the questions above.
    10-08-09 10:15 AM
    Still nothing official from eBay, the current owner of Skype.

The wait continues....

10-08-09 10:36 AM
    Thanks Reed! If you hear anything new, please let me know.
    10-08-09 11:00 AM
    I use iskoot on my bb tour. Works fine most of the time. I can only call skype contacts. They can't call me unless I have skype out credits.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 01:08 AM
    You may want to take a look at iSkoot
    10-09-09 01:50 AM
    The two IM+ apps work ok.
    10-09-09 06:33 AM
    When i try 2 use iskoot it just keeps connecting and i never get anywhere

10-10-09 02:46 PM
    i would uninstall then reinstall. it worked good for me and it didn't even have tour listed as one of its devices. hope it works. it only works for calling out unless you have skype out credits.

When i try 2 use iskoot it just keeps connecting and i never get anywhere

10-10-09 02:59 PM
    Has anyone tried using Skype for Business in the office?
    Absolutely. We use Skype chat in the office as our main method of communication, especially since we run several inter-european offices. We use Skype's video chat feature to have meetings. Saves a lot of money
    10-11-09 08:11 AM
    iSkoot worked great on my 8330. But doesn't work and was not made for the Storm. So us Storm users are boned once again.
    10-12-09 03:46 PM
    Send skype for the storm we need it!
    10-14-09 10:50 AM
    I agree!!! Skype is a necessity for the Storm. I've got iSkoot on it right now, and it's working ok, but takes TONS of memory and is slow.... Anyway~ PLEASE give us skype!!!
    10-15-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD