did anyone else's bbm smileys change? i know this sounds silly and trivial but my friends and i noticed it and we miss the old ones! i particularly miss the embarrassed smiley which looks different now. although the new bbm does have some cool symbols (like the beer mug) i liked the old ones better.

also, has anyone received pictures via bbm? with the old bbm, you could just view the pic, but now you have to download the file which takes ages.

i should mention i'm running 4.7.1.40 if that makes a difference at all.

other than that the new bbm is awesome! i'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing the changes i'm seeing, or noticing other ones as well?
    Last edited by redsoxrocker; 10-08-09 at 08:56 AM.
    10-08-09 08:25 AM
    I just nocited that there isn't an option to send a picture from the actuall chat. I don't dig that one bit!

still running 4.5.77
    10-08-09 08:26 AM
    I just nocited that there isn't an option to send a picture from the actuall chat. I don't dig that one bit!

still running 4.5.77
    really? damn that's terrible.
    10-08-09 09:11 AM
    yea it really sucks...the look of the old one is definally much better too!
    10-08-09 09:17 AM
    I miss the other persons "Status" It's nice to know when the other persons is on the phone when you're waiting for an answer.
    10-08-09 09:27 AM
    yea it really sucks...the look of the old one is definally much better too!
    I like the look of the new one... but i prefered the functionalitly of the old one. should have stuck with my leaked version. that had the best of both worlds.
    10-08-09 09:33 AM
    I hate it now when you receive a photo you actually have to save it to your phone. That sucks.

My phone doesnt want to download it, either...grrrr....
    10-08-09 09:37 AM
    Received a tweet from BBGeeks about a Hidden Country Flag you can add to your status.

Hidden Country Flag Icon for Blackberry Messenger 5 | Papajahat HQ
    10-08-09 09:44 AM
    I hate it now when you receive a photo you actually have to save it to your phone. That sucks.

My phone doesnt want to download it, either...grrrr....
    Same here...it sucks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 09:44 AM
    I like the look of the new one... but i prefered the functionalitly of the old one. should have stuck with my leaked version. that had the best of both worlds.
    i like the look of this one (err, smileys not included), i totally agree, the functionality of the old one was better.

i'm yet to try out the barcode add feature, maybe it'll win me over?
    10-08-09 09:47 AM
    I noticed the smiley change too and I'm not happy with it
    10-08-09 09:58 AM
    I can send a picture while in chat...

The smiley change doesnt bother me either way. I actually like the new ones...

I havent had a picture sent to me yet, but if you have to save it to view it, then i hope that is fixed asap...
    10-08-09 10:04 AM
    Received a tweet from BBGeeks about a Hidden Country Flag you can add to your status.

Hidden Country Flag Icon for Blackberry Messenger 5 | Papajahat HQ
    the flags are awesome, i must say
    10-08-09 10:19 AM
    I can also send a picture while in a chat. And I received a picture and didn''t have to download it. Wonder if this is because the person I was chatting with was not using BBM 5.0?

I kinda think I like the looks of the old BBM better, it just seemed cleaner and more straight forward. But then, I'm a little resistant to change in general, so I may get over that.

I really like the avatar and bar code scanning, though.
    10-08-09 01:50 PM
    You can get your chats to look like the old bbm for the most part if you go to options and set the conversation style to standard. Well, kind of similar haha

10-08-09 01:53 PM
    I hate the status, wish that RIM would fix this ASAP. I can't tell if the contact is online/offline or away. That's is bugging me alot and the only thing I miss
    10-08-09 02:00 PM
    I hate the status, wish that RIM would fix this ASAP. I can't tell if the contact is online/offline or away. That's is bugging me alot and the only thing I miss
    Yeah it's kinda annoying. I guess if there is nothing there they are available and if there is the red dot they are not. OR you can view their profile and it will tell you. An extra step I know but a solution at least...
    10-08-09 02:04 PM
    did anyone else's bbm smileys change? i know this sounds silly and trivial but my friends and i noticed it and we miss the old ones! i particularly miss the embarrassed smiley which looks different now. although the new bbm does have some cool symbols (like the beer mug) i liked the old ones better.

also, has anyone received pictures via bbm? with the old bbm, you could just view the pic, but now you have to download the file which takes ages.

i should mention i'm running 4.7.1.40 if that makes a difference at all.

other than that the new bbm is awesome! i'm just wondering if anyone else is seeing the changes i'm seeing, or noticing other ones as well?
    Same here running 4.5.0.131 on an 8330m!

Ditto to what you said with regard to the receiving of pictures...

As for the smileys, I too love the new beer mug but think the newer smileys look a little "cheesy" for lack of a better word, not that it matters just in comparison to the previous version of BBM smileys.

still running 4.5.77
    Yeah, I am not really digging it either.

I miss the other persons "Status" It's nice to know when the other persons is on the phone when you're waiting for an answer.
    This might be my biggest complaint yet but wasn't sure if this was an issue for me b/c I wasn't sure if I was getting full functionality as I am not running OS 5.0.
    10-08-09 02:16 PM
    Yeah it's kinda annoying. I guess if there is nothing there they are available and if there is the red dot they are not. OR you can view their profile and it will tell you. An extra step I know but a solution at least...
    but see Green means Available right , and red means busy. But the could be Available/Busy while also being offline which I have noticed because one of my contacts was listed available but there phone was off which is correct because the only other choice to available is busy and they aren't busy. Hope you got my point
    10-08-09 02:16 PM
    Yeah, I have it set to standard now. It's the closest one. I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    10-08-09 02:33 PM
    yes...the whole "save the pic first before you view it" thing really sucks. makes more way too many clicks. old version you could just view and be done. simple.
    10-08-09 02:49 PM

still running 4.5.77
    Am I missing something? bc i def just clicked the track ball and sent a picture to my chika
    10-08-09 03:04 PM
    but see Green means Available right , and red means busy. But the could be Available/Busy while also being offline which I have noticed because one of my contacts was listed available but there phone was off which is correct because the only other choice to available is busy and they aren't busy. Hope you got my point
    I think due to my running BBM 5.0 on a 8330m that is not running OS 5.0 I am lacking the status of my Contacts...I don't get any green or red and only have 3 notifications of message delivery status as follows:

Check Mark w/ D: delivered
    Check Mark w/R: Read/Received
    Check Mark: message is on the network and waiting to be delivered

I do miss the previous versions ability to show if the Contact was either on the phone or the radio was off...I guess as a result of this change I am no longer able to "Set Alert" for when a Contact becomes available - this was a handy feature as we use BBM at work regularly.
    10-08-09 06:17 PM
    Am I missing something? bc i def just clicked the track ball and sent a picture to my chika
    Oh its when you receive that you have to download the pic, no more 'view' option.

10-08-09 08:14 PM
    I think due to my running BBM 5.0 on a 8330m that is not running OS 5.0 I am lacking the status of my Contacts...I don't get any green or red and only have 3 notifications of message delivery status as follows:

Check Mark w/ D: delivered
    Check Mark w/R: Read/Received
    Check Mark: message is on the network and waiting to be delivered

I do miss the previous versions ability to show if the Contact was either on the phone or the radio was off...I guess as a result of this change I am no longer able to "Set Alert" for when a Contact becomes available - this was a handy feature as we use BBM at work regularly.
    I can't either I'm running 4.6.301 on a Bold 9000, You can only see that red and green dot when viewing the your contacts profile.
    10-08-09 11:03 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD