Hello,

I'm running os v.5.0.0.238 and every since doing the "browser fix" I get an error on reboots:

Uncaught exception: a broswer content provider for vidoe/3gpp MIME type has already been registered with the browser.

I also notice that I can't play any videos. I just downloaded the Bolt browser and love it. How can I get the other browser back to where I won't get the error and have the video playing again?

thanks for any help!
    10-08-09 12:58 AM
    Also after a battery pull I only get 13.3 MB of memory and it'll drop to 7 by the end of the day! What's up with that? I'm use to having close to 40!
    10-08-09 01:00 AM
    Don't know if I can help with the memory problem, but the error message, I definitely can. I had this problem and it was so frustrating trying to find a solution. But I finally found one, so here you go:

If the browser fix renders your media useless... all you have to do is go to options > advanced > service books and delete every single service book EXCEPT for:

BlackBerry Maps - NA [LbsConfig] ~and~
    BlackBerrry Internet Browsing Service [BrowserConfig]

And do a battery pull. Your browser and media will then work fine. Bad news is you will have to do this every time you reboot or reset your device.

PS - there will also be an un-deletable entry in your service books called Provisioning, just ignore it and proceed with the steps.
    10-08-09 02:53 AM
    Hello,

I'm running os v.5.0.0.238 and every since doing the "browser fix" I get an error on reboots:

Uncaught exception: a broswer content provider for vidoe/3gpp MIME type has already been registered with the browser.

I also notice that I can't play any videos. I just downloaded the Bolt browser and love it. How can I get the other browser back to where I won't get the error and have the video playing again?

thanks for any help!
    had the exact same problem..did u use BBSAK or crackutil to do the browser fix? i used BBSAK and it gave me that error and rendered my video capabilities useless..no video, no sound record playback, no vvm playback..so what i did was downgrade to 4.6 and back to 5.0 and use crackutil to do the browser fix and all is well..not problems. i did my friends bold and same thing so again used Crackutil and voila! it works
    10-08-09 03:00 AM
    Yeah I used bbsak. if I'm using Bolt 1.5 do I even need the browser fix? If not is there a way to just remove browser fix without having to downgrade and upgrade again?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Legendary; 10-08-09 at 10:47 AM.
    10-08-09 10:39 AM
    Same error flag here. Is there a more permanent fix to this? Also I noticed that with .238 I can re-download and install my theme, except that when It's not in the theme options, like dissapeared! anyone else with the same problem?
    10-10-09 12:01 AM
    I had the same issue going to 5.0 and fixing the browser. It also rendered VVM useless.
    10-10-09 04:43 AM
    Same error flag here. Is there a more permanent fix to this? Also I noticed that with .238 I can re-download and install my theme, except that when It's not in the theme options, like dissapeared! anyone else with the same problem?
    yes there is....i just told u above
    10-10-09 05:42 AM
    So now that I'm using the Bolt browser is there a way to just remove the whole fix with out having to go back to 4.6 and then up to 5.0 again? Or do I just have to suck it up and get it over with?
    10-10-09 01:16 PM
    i got the same error all the time. I found mine came from Ubertwitter. I had to delete it reboot phone and everything works perfectly. I can install ubertwitter and use it fine as long as i don't reboot. If I reboot then I have go thru the whole process again.
    10-10-09 06:11 PM
    i got the same error all the time. I found mine came from Ubertwitter. I had to delete it reboot phone and everything works perfectly. I can install ubertwitter and use it fine as long as i don't reboot. If I reboot then I have go thru the whole process again.
    Yup, that's the real permanent fix. So long Ubertwitter. You are definitely not worth the trade off.
    10-16-09 11:07 PM
    Ok so confirmed on mine it is Ubertwitter. It did it on .238 and now on .314. don't know of a fix yet because I can't find the Beta 5 which I guess is causing the incompatibility....
    10-24-09 11:43 AM
    I had the same issue with Ubertwitter--Good app but not worth the challenge. Thanks for the postings, you saved me a lot of time. Any suggestions for a great Twitter app?

Storm OS 2.0.0.328
    10-27-09 04:21 PM
    Tweetgenius (just got it today so not sure, people rave about it), Twixtreme is pretty good (nice inteface, seems reliable), and the one people salivate about (and I don't have) is SocialScope but apparently nobody can get invites for it now. It's in *VERY* closed Beta... I'd try twixtreme first on for size (and for now)
    @rorosz
    10-27-09 11:10 PM
    Did you do a clean wipe or how did you downgrade? This is annoying. Thanks for sharing.

had the exact same problem..did u use BBSAK or crackutil to do the browser fix? i used BBSAK and it gave me that error and rendered my video capabilities useless..no video, no sound record playback, no vvm playback..so what i did was downgrade to 4.6 and back to 5.0 and use crackutil to do the browser fix and all is well..not problems. i did my friends bold and same thing so again used Crackutil and voila! it works
    12-14-09 05:20 PM
    What version of UberTwitter are you using? I had installed the leaked version with the bubbles and new icon and was having the issue with .411.

I downgraded UT back to .925 and rebooted 2x so far and haven't had the issue.
    12-14-09 06:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD