I have a 8350i with boost, combined3 SBs, and standard apps. It has been fine for 3 months, now all of the sudden the phone radio turns off and I only see NXTl for the network. I have done a master radio reset, pulled the battery, reloaded the SBs from backup and the phone will not accept calls. I can call out but when someone calls in it says "Please wait while we locate the subscriber...."

The radio now cycles from SOS to nXTL to NXTL back to NXTl, every 2 minutes or so and Boost support has stated there are no network issues, and I right underneath a cell tower, what gives.

Sorry if I posted in the wrong spot, this is my first post.

just to clarify, the phone has not restarted itself, like some others have posted.
    Last edited by diapow; 10-08-09 at 09:07 AM. Reason: update
    10-07-09 11:58 AM
    Mine was fine when I went to bed and is now doing the same (getting arrows popping up right next to NXTL status bar on top right corner of phone). I can call out fine. When someone calls it is going right to voice mail. Anyone have an idea what is going on? (Same thing is happening to friend of mine). MMS is working fine.
    10-07-09 12:10 PM
    Bad sim? My card was stuck on sos and I just went to the local sprint store they swaped out my sim card everything works great now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 12:23 PM
    I'm not on Boost but I had the same exact problem going from NXTL to SOS to NXTl...and it would constantly cycle this every 5 mins or so...the only fix I found so far was to wipe and re-load OS
    10-07-09 12:37 PM
    I can call out with no issues, but my calls are going straight to voice mail and my browser does not work (but can connect fine using Opera). Taken out battery and sim but arrows still flashing near signal strength indicator phone has been fine for three weeks until this morning. so confusing!!!!
    Last edited by unfreshdiva; 10-07-09 at 01:59 PM. Reason: needed to add
    10-07-09 01:58 PM
    Well i had the same problem..Found out that my sim card was bad then found out there is a internal problem..So nextel has me a new one order..Im so happy i was having dt's.....
    10-07-09 03:15 PM
    After reading the issues that some individuals had with Shangmail, which I do not have, I assumed it was an issue with data...maybe the phone was getting inundated with data traffic causing the issue so I removed message forwarding for my gmail account configured on the mms.nextel.com site that I use and it has been fine ever since. *fingers crossed*
    10-08-09 08:45 AM
    After reading the issues that some individuals had with Shangmail, which I do not have, I assumed it was an issue with data...maybe the phone was getting inundated with data traffic causing the issue so I removed message forwarding for my gmail account configured on the mms.nextel.com site that I use and it has been fine ever since. *fingers crossed*
    same here. i dont use shangmail for the same reason the arrows always ON. and is not a sim card issue cuz i swap it with a friends sim card and same my phone only shows NXtl. already wipe handheld with bbsak and reload os and sb's
    11-21-09 10:13 PM
    I get this problem with mine on NEXTEL ever since I updates the OS a few weeks ago.
    11-22-09 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD