I have been doing upgrading my phone for ever with no problems. I currently have 151. So why is it that 230 is giving me fits?? I just can't seem to upgrade. I download and usually my DM picks up the upgrade, but that doesn't do it. I
    try it with apploader and still no luck. Any ideas because I'm to the point of giving up.
    10-07-09 11:28 AM
    show me the guide you are using....
    10-07-09 11:35 AM
    This is a guide I put up. I think it is pretty straightforward and simple, not sure if howarmart agrees.
    10-07-09 11:44 AM
    Did you uninstall the previous os from your computer and are you disabling your internet connection when you go to upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 11:47 AM
    show me the guide you are using....
    I go to the site and download the file. I install it on my computer, than i open DM and nothing happens. It says there is no update. I than go to app loader to install it from there and same thing. Like I said any time there is a leaked OS i do it without any problems. By the way 167 is the same way.
    10-07-09 12:00 PM
    Look at my instruction thread above ^
    10-07-09 12:05 PM
    I go to the site and download the file. I install it on my computer, than i open DM and nothing happens. It says there is no update. I than go to app loader to install it from there and same thing. Like I said any time there is a leaked OS i do it without any problems. By the way 167 is the same way.
    Here is your mistake

Follow this guide and run loader.exe as admin, disconnect from the internet. You will need to delete the vendor file as instructed also

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    10-07-09 12:18 PM
    Here is your mistake

Follow this guide and run loader.exe as admin, disconnect from the internet. You will need to delete the vendor file as instructed also

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    How, you don't like my guide

LOL
    10-07-09 12:43 PM
    How, you don't like my guide

LOL
    I'm trying yours right now so i let u know. I don't understand how it's any different from any other leaked OS but I'm giving it a shot.
    10-07-09 12:58 PM
    Have noticed that sometimes double clicking on apploader works and sometimes there is no update. If this is the case and you are using Vista do what howarmat suggests. right click and run as admin. Gotta love permissions!

Guess XP could have this issue too, but seems like Vista is more finicky
    10-07-09 02:09 PM
    I'm done. I'm going on six hours trying to figure this thing out. I'm also seeing a pattern as several others are having issues too. I went as far as to install 191 on my pc to see if that helps, but no. I followed everything to the last detail. I'm just DONE! Thanks for all the help.
    10-07-09 03:29 PM
    I'm done. I'm going on six hours trying to figure this thing out. I'm also seeing a pattern as several others are having issues too. I went as far as to install 191 on my pc to see if that helps, but no. I followed everything to the last detail. I'm just DONE! Thanks for all the help.

Did you uninstall all OSs and folders from your computer? Did you delete the vendor file? Did you run loader.exe as admin?

BTW, here's the link for the full .230. With this, just follow the steps in my guide. You don't have to have .191 installed with this link.
    Last edited by z06mike; 10-07-09 at 03:36 PM.
    10-07-09 03:33 PM
    if you're having problems with 191 and 167 as well, id wager something on your PC is severely messed up, since this seems to happen to you with all the new OS from 4.7 and 5.0
    10-07-09 03:35 PM
    Did you uninstall all OSs and folders from your computer? Did you delete the vendor file? Did you run loader.exe as admin?

BTW, here's the link
    yes yes and yes
    10-07-09 03:36 PM
    What is it doing when you're trying to install? Do you get an error? Does it not do anything?
    10-07-09 03:37 PM
    Dont forget to do a few battery pulls after your done.... around 5 or 6 should be fine after installation. Then it's just around 3 times a day to keep it steady.
    10-07-09 03:41 PM
    Dont forget to do a few battery pulls after your done.... around 5 or 6 should be fine after installation. Then it's just around 3 times a day to keep it steady.

You do 3 pulls a day? WTF?????

No need for that.
    10-07-09 03:43 PM
    What is it doing when you're trying to install? Do you get an error? Does it not do anything?
    Well when I click on loader I than click next, it goes through "retrieving device information", than a whole list of applications show up. Everything except the actual OS is there. So i click next and it says no actions are required.
    10-07-09 03:47 PM
    you connected to the internet when you are doing this??
    10-07-09 03:47 PM
    Well when I click on loader I than click next, it goes through "retrieving device information", than a whole list of applications show up. Everything except the actual OS is there. So i click next and it says no actions are required. I do not get any errors.
    10-07-09 03:48 PM
    oh, also make sure that all 4.7 Device software is removed from your list of programs in the control panel.
    10-07-09 03:49 PM
    you connected to the internet when you are doing this??
    you mean just cut my internet connection off? I close the browser but not my connection
    10-07-09 03:56 PM
    either disable your network card if your using WIFI or remove the actual wire.
    10-07-09 03:59 PM
    if I were you i would also take a look at mikes link for the full .230. no copy and paste BS.
    10-07-09 04:01 PM
    either disable your network card if your using WIFI or remove the actual wire.
    you serious? i guess it wouldn't hurt. Lets see if that works
    10-07-09 04:06 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD