Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone could suggest a car kit for my Pearl. What I'm looking for is a kit that would allow me to sync my Pearl and my Ipod so I could use them handsfree. I guess I'm not even sure if such a kit exists, but would love to hear of some if there is such a beast! Thanks.
    05-02-08 07:50 AM
    As for the car kit, I would recommend the Motorola IHF 1000. You can play music that is on your phone through your speakers. However, if you are wanting to play your iPod over your stereo, I would recommend hardwiring it to your stereo. The bottom line with bluetooth and streaming audio is that the quality is not as good as it is when it is hard wired. If your stereo has RCA inputs in the back, I would go that route. Or, you can get a stereo that has the ability to play your iPod through your stereo for relatively cheap.
    06-03-08 04:10 AM
    I have been researching these kits for a couple of months. Check out Crutchfield: Car Audio, Home Theater, Speakers, LCD TV, Plasma TV to see your options. It really depends on how well you want it integrated to your car, and how much you want to changer your car? You can get kits that plug into your existing stereo, or if you have an older car you can get a new head unit that has Bluetooth built in. Some cars have modules that can plug into the stereo for such features. I drive a jetta, and I can plug in a bluetooth kit through the CD changer port in the head unit. Parrot Kits

I still use an FM transmitter for the ipod, because it is simple, and I can take it with me to a rental car on travel, but you can get a Bluetooth adapter for your Ipod as well (just make sure it is A2DP)
    06-04-08 03:59 PM
    I have two parrots. (ck3000 and ck3100) One in my truck and one in my wife's car and they work flawlessly. People don't even know that they are on speaker phone. I decided not to go through the car stereo speakers and just hooked up an old handsfree speaker. Can say enough good things about them.

as far as the ipod part you should be able to get a bluetooth adapter for your ipod to utilize too. just make sure like holvey said that it is A2DP.
    06-22-08 04:50 PM
    Nice! I've been looking for exactly that....something that can go through my car's audio system...thanks folks.
    06-22-08 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD