Hey guys, I could really use your help here,

I have had the Storm for nearly a year now (got it on launch date, damn I'm cool). Well yesterday night Quickpull reset my phone (as it does every night at 05:00 GMT). After getting up this morning, it was still resetting itself, without ever getting to the home screen. I tried jl_cmder but because it was resetting so fast, it could not wipe my phone before the next reset.

I called Vodafone Customer Services about this, and the girl told me that the only thing I could do was to send it off for about 2 weeks. I told her that I have very important information on it which I will need over the next couple of days, and that I would like a replacement sent out (I have seen time and again on these forums that this is a fairly normal occurence. She told me that she couldn't and that a supervisor would tell me the same thing, as I requested one after she said no the first time :P

Can anyone help me find a way to get a new Storm? This is my first problem and it's panic stations lol
    10-07-09 06:01 AM
    You said that you did a quick pull. Did you try a hard battery pull. Maybe you have the problem with the os. What os you use presently... . You should instal the os and after that re-load it.
    10-07-09 06:12 AM
    yeah, I did try a hard battery pull, and left it out from 07:00 until 10:30. I am running the latest official Vodafone OS 4.7.0.173. How can I load a new OS if it keeps resetting before I can do anything? Thanks for the quick reply
    10-07-09 06:17 AM
    Turn off your BB. Charge it completly with the home charger, not on the pc with the usb cable.
    After that turn it on, and see what your BB is doing.
    10-07-09 06:25 AM
    sorry dude, I might sound like a right fool here, but when I put the battery in, it automatically boots up. Then it resets. I'm holding the power button down but it's not turning off at all. First the red LED turns on, then the black screen with the 'loading' wheel, then the white screen, then the wheel comes back up, then a box on a white screen saying "RESET". Then it just cycles like that. Any ideas?
    10-07-09 07:03 AM
    I just had this problem and they exchanged me out a new one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 07:12 AM
    Mine is ****ed right now in the same way.

Just keeps resetting non-stop, I can't update anything, I cannot load anything, I cannot use BB Desktop Manager to update/un-install anything.

I just upgraded to the new v5.216 or whatever it is and I cannot believe this, I have not had the phone since lunch time today and I cannot do anything to fix it.

Edit: Fixed it, I hooked it up to the PC while it was still doing its reset thing. Desktop Manager recognised it, I began the roll back procedure to a previous OS as soon as the phone finished resetting, and just left it hooked up until the installation finished, during this, the phone just kept resetting anyway but it eventually stopped once the old OS was back on there.

Is this a problem with the leaked OS? Or just the installation?
    Last edited by shifted-is; 11-01-09 at 05:46 PM.
    10-31-09 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD